Chapter 24

Raavi typed away furiously on her laptop, drafting an email about the obvious error in the project on their part, costing her a major setback, while simultaneously making a presentation for her finals, worth 50% of her grade.

She looked everywhere for the pendrive that had the blueprint of her ideas, but it was nowhere to be found.

"Kaha jaa sakta hai?!" Raavi worriedly upturned the bedsheet, pillows and everything in her room, until it struck her.

Oh shit. Pendrive toh Shiva ke paas hai.

She reached for her phone, and called Shiva, but he didn't pick up even after 3 tries. So she called Shashank, who also didn't pick up. Frustrated, she called Gaurav, who picked up on the second ring.

"Kasam se agar tu phone nahi uthata, toh mai tum teeno ka khoon kar deti!" Raavi exclaimed over the phone.

"Uthaya na phone? Kya kaam tha?" Gaurav yelled over the loud music of the club, their recent destination for boys' night.

"Tum log kaha ho?"

"Kya? Ek second-"

"Tum log KAHA HO!" Raavi yelled over the phone, thankfully hearing him step away from the music.

"Hum Crystal Club mein hai. Kyu?"

"Mera pendrive Shiva ke wallet mein reh gaya hoga. I need it immediately. Address bhejo na jagah ka, please." She explained, and Gaurav complied, as she took her scooter down to the club.

The loud music and flashy lights hit her square in the eye, taking a few seconds to adjust as she waded through the crowd, looking for the boys.

She spotted Gaurav at the far corner, and walked over to him in hopes of finding Shiva. But instead, she found him handling a very drunk Shashank, who was now giggling about goldfish crackers.

"Isko kya ho gaya?" Raavi asked, and Gaurav shook his head.

"Pata nahi. Iss idiot ki capacity 6 se 1 kab ho gayi, pata hi nahi chala." He said, holding Shashank and resting him against the sofa.

"Shiva kaha hai? Tumhare saath nahi tha?" Raavi looked around, and Gaurav shrugged.

"Idhar hi hoga, kaha jaayega."

Raavi waded through the crowd again, the dark atmosphere and sudden dim lights making it even more difficult.

After a few minutes of struggling amongst the slightly tipsy people, Raavi spotted Shiva across the room, on the sofas opposite to Gaurav and she hurriedly walked over there.

To say that she was a witness to something despicable would be an understatement, and it pulled the rug out from under her feet.

There she was, a face she wished she could punch until it turned blue, a face that went by the name of Malvika, fawning and throwing herself over Shiva, who was stumbling and trying to push her away, albeit not appearing to be in his senses.

Raavi was shocked, and she didn't know how to feel about this, about what she was seeing. But she decided to take Shiva home and figure out what was going on.

She marched towards them, and wedged herself between Shiva and Malvika, turning towards Shiva.

"Shiva?"

Raavi cupped his face, and he definitely did not look like he was in his senses. Shiva's eyes were bloodshot red, and he was much more silent than usual.

He looked drunk, but he didn't smell of any alcohol, and Raavi knew that Shiva was responsible enough to not drink uncontrollably, to the point that he would lose his balance.