Chapter 9

Shiva didn't sleep well last night, to say the least. The thought of her leaving off to somewhere away from him, left an unsettled feeling in his heart, that he was not able to erase.

He should be happy for her, that she'd found a place of her own, but he wasn't. He didn't want her to leave, not the way she was right now, as she grabbed her two suitcases and backpack standing at the door.

"Okay," Raavi turned to the three of them, "I think I should leave now."

She set her pair of keys on the table, the one that had her R keychain attached to it, and a part of her just wished she didn't have to do that.

"Thank you. For everything. Dil se." She smiled at them, ignoring Gaurav. "Can't appreciate you all enough for letting me stay here, you were very nice to me, even though mai aise hi ghus ke aa gayi ek din. But I had fun here. So thank you. I'll see you around."

Her eyes fluttered towards and Shiva, and uncertainty flashed across her eyes. She really didn't feel like going, not at all. Something about the conversation on the terrace, made her heart go soft.

I need you.

But did he really? He had his best friends, his reputation in college, a family that adored him and was so proud of him, and a possible scholarship in one of the most prestigious universities.

Why would he need her? Would he need her like she did? Would he feel the same, like she did, over these few weeks?

Raavi looked away, before any of her feelings flowed out in the form of tears, and waved a small goodbye, before closing the door behind her.

....

Shiva watched the door close, and the click of the closing door reverberated in his heart, echoed in his ears. It made him feel..... empty, weird and unsettled.

"She left." He whispered, not believing it yet, "Woh chali gayi. She's not coming back."

"Yeah..." Shashank put a hand on his shoulder. "Sorry yaar, I know tujhe woh pasand thi aur-"

"Kya?!" Shiva whisper-yelled.

"You like her, don't you? Tabhi toh she affects you so much." Shashank shrugged his shoulders, as if he stated a fact.

Shiva looked from Shashank towards the door, through which she had just left.

No. Aisa kaise ho sakta hai.

He closed his eyes shut, only to be greeted by flashes of memories, every memory consisting of one face.

Hers.

Her smile when she made his favourite breakfast for the first time. Her pouty face when he refused to treat her to pani puri at 2 AM in the night. Her tears when he yanked on her arm too hard while trying to get her to leave.

Her anger when Malvika created a scene, and her immediate expression when he said he'd treat her to ice cream. Last night on the terrace, where she spoke to him freely, without holding back.

Raavi. Her. Just her.

He knew now why he didn't want her to go. He liked her. He liked her so much, he wanted to see her everyday, like he did for the past 4 weeks.

"Shit." Shiva slapped his forehead. "Mujhe woh pasand hai. I like her, I really do!" He exclaimed, looking at the door.

"Toh gadhe, yaha kya kar raha hai?! Go bring her back!" Shashank yelled at Shiva, who wasn't moving.

"Par Gaurav-"

"Tu usse bhool jaa 2 minute ke liye, mai sambhal lunga. Jaa Raavi ko leke aa. GO!" He pushed Shiva towards the door as hard as he could.