Epilogue - Part 3B

The final update for Gehraiyaan! Hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! Shout out to Neet for writing a particular line in one of her drafts that I REALLY LOVED!

Would love to read your comments one last time :)

......

Suman waited at the entrance of her house, just like she did so many years ago while waiting for her first grandchild, ready with the aarti ki thali.

She eagerly looked outside, waiting for the arrival of her grandson, and her son and daughter-in-law too, of course.

"Dadi, when will Mumma and Papa come?" Janhavi asked eagerly, leaning against her wheelchair.

"Aayenge. Jaldi se aa jaayenge. Tu ek-shaited hai apne bhai se milne ke liye?" Suman looked back with a smile, and Janhavi nodded eagerly.

"Mai usko Dhara Kaki ke sundar plates todna sikhaaungi. Humesha mujhe shout karti hai, hmph!" Janhavi said snootily, and Suman laughed.

"Sab sikha dena, meri chutki! Sab sikha dena, tu uski badi behen jo hai."

The motor of a car diverted their attention, the engine shutting off as Shiva stepped out of the car and helped Raavi step out, a bundle of blue blankets in her arms, her face radiating in, what Shiva called, 'new mumma glow'

Suman adjusted her head-dress, and lit the lamp, as they stood at the entrance, beaming proudly at their son.

"Ruko." Suman quickly dabbed some kajal on the back of both their ears, as Raavi bent forward to introduce their son to his grandmother.

Suman chuckled tearfully, gently dabbing the tiniest bit of kajal behind his ears, as he fussed and wiggled around, before drifting off to sleep again.

"Itna sundar baccha, nazar na lage isse!" Suman cracked her knuckles, and beckoned Janhavi forward.

Together, they warded off all evil, sending a small prayer to the Lord above to always protect and keep this family together. Suman coloured her fingers, applying the kumkum to Shiva and Raavi's foreheads, moving towards their son.

"Maa, chota sa, haa?" Raavi squeaked, feeling suddenly protective of her newborn son.

"Jaanti hu! Chaar baccho ko janam diya hai, mujhe mat sikha." Suman warned, and Raavi nodded bashfully as her mother-in-law applied the tiniest drop of the red liquid to their son's forehead.

The entire family had arrived, after learning that Raavi had gone into labour, and they had been eagerly waiting for the last 72 hours to meet the newest addition to the Pandya family.

Shiva placed a palm on Raavi's back, guiding her slowly towards the aangan as they entered their house, continuously checking to see if she was okay.

"Darwaaze se jhule tak mujhe kuch nahi hoga. Aise taadne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai." Raavi whispered, nudging him.

"Mujhe fikar hai. Nahi dikhaau kya?" Shiva whispered back.

"Tere fikar ka nateeja meri baahon mein hai!"

Raavi looked at their son, kissing his head, wondrously looking at him, unable to believe she had created this tiny little human being.

"Kya khusur-pusur chal rahi hai, hmm?" Rishita teased, as Shiva just smiled at seated Raavi on the swing.

"Kuch nahi bhabhi, bas yunhi."

The entire house crowded around the swing, to take a look at the youngest person amongst them, continuously warding off any evil around them.