Epilogue - Part 1

Well, hello! Now, I know I said I finished this story, but how could I end it without their 2.5 babies? So here you go! 

This epilogue will be divided in 3 parts, which I will post periodically, and THEN I will officially have completed this story! 

Now, about the premise. Let's just assume I know all the legalities and official rules, because I don't. But if we all can put up with ITV, we can put up with whatever research I've done to write these parts, haha! 

Enjoy! And as always, I love long comments ;) 

....

Raavi clasped her hands and eagerly waited in the lobby, while Shiva tucked his hands in his pockets.

"Will she like us, Shiva?"

"Koi shaq, meri chipkali?"

2 years into their marriage, Raavi and Shiva had decided that they were ready to expand their family. They didn't exactly feel prepared enough to go through pregnancy yet, but Shiva had already submitted the applications for adoption, pleasantly surprising Raavi on her birthday.

The families threw quite a few tantrums, questioning them on their choice of adopting, asking them if it was a case of infertility, or whether they were taking this decision in haste.

In the end, the families had to agree, because as stubborn as they were, Shiva and Raavi were equally stubborn on adopting a child and bringing him or her into this family.

So, after months of procedures and visits by officers, they finally received the letter, granting them permission to go through with the adoption, on Shiva's birthday.

The adoption centre closest to their house, wasn't in fact an adoption centre. It was an old age home, with a sole child in their custody, whose parents and grandparents had passed away in an unfortunate accident.

The child wasn't fortunate enough to be taken home, from a place where couples left their own parents in the care of another person. But, this time, Shiva and Raavi were the child's lucky charm.

They had been chosen as parents of a 4-year old baby girl.

"I really hope she does." Raavi looked through the entrance to see any signs of her arrival, "Humari ek beti hone waali hai, Shiva!"

"She will, darling. She will." Shiva put an arm around her shoulder and kissed her temple, just as 2 tiny pigtails poked around from behind the wall.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Pandya, sorry to keep you waiting!" Caroline made a few notes on her clipboard, "This is Janhavi."

The supervisor pointed behind her, but there was no child in their view. Just two pink clips and a pair of honey-brown eyes peeking slyly.

"Janhavi, you have visitors. Come, see!"

Raavi and Shiva waited eagerly, looking at each other, as a tiny, fair girl in a white shirt and denim overalls walked out, her hair pulled into 2 coconut tree ponytails, her hands clasped behind her back.

The little girl stood in front of Shiva and Raavi, looking up at them curiously.

Raavi sat down on her knees, looking up at Shiva and then at Janhavi with a broad smile, "Hi Janhavi! I'm Raavi!"

Janhavi waved back with a tiny smile, as Raavi held Shiva's hand, who mimicked her actions and sat down at her level, "And this is my bhoothnath."