Chapter 10

"Raavi!" Shiva called out to her, wearing his watch and fixing his hair a million times in the reflection of the TV.

It was his first date with his mami ki behen ki beti, and he intended on making sure it was perfect.

He hadn't been to an open-ground fair in the longest time, not since he was around 10, so he was excited to see how this went.

"Aa gayi." She stepped out of the bathroom, and Shiva smiled like a goof at what she chose to wear.

The black balloon-sleeved top he had chosen for her at the mall over a pir of blue denim jeans, her hair twisted in sections and pinned at the back, and was that.... lip gloss?

"Cute na! Even I was impressed with my outfit!" She twirled around merrily, and suddenly registered what he was wearing.

His crisp crimson red shirt, that she had chosen.

Raavi blushed at the thought, and grabbed his hand, walking towards the door, when they heard Shashank cough in the background.

"Yes, please flirt with each other aankhon aankhon mein, humare toh aankhein hi nahi hai." He teased, and Shiva threw him the finger over his head, going ahead to get his bike.

"If you need the house empty, let me know! Enjoy your date!" He teased some more, and Raavi turned around to search for her phone, giving him a thumbs down.

"Shut up, Shashank."

"Mai kehta hu, either you guys book a hotel room, or I will. My ears will bleed-"

"SHUT UPPPPP BYEEEEE!" Raavi sang loudly, trying to frown out his teasing and laughter, as she closed the door and ran down the stairs.

....

"Chal baith. Aur theek se baith, nahi dhakelunga." He looked at her softly, waiting on his bike, as she remembered the time he brushed her off it.

Raavi smiled and excitedly sat behind him, hands on his shoulders, expecting him to start, but he sat there, looking at her over his shoulder.

"Chal na, Shiva. Baith gayi hoon." Raavi nudged him, and he clicked his tongue.

"Aise," Shiva moved her hands from on his shoulder, to loop them under his arms, effectively pulling her closer to sit behind him. "Aise baith, warna gir jaayegi, aur haath-naak toot jaayega."

Raavi eyes crinkled as she smiled at his action, "Jo bhi tere bike pe baithta hai, sab ko aise bithata hai?"

"Nahi." He smirked, and revved his bike.

"Accha toh kaun kaun aata hai tere list mein?" She smirked right back.

"Naakhun gaadne waali chudail." Shiva answered, speeding up his bike to avoid her time-pass questions, and he saw her blushing in his rear view mirror.

Ye bhootnath toh flirt nikla. I'm impressed.

...

Shiva stood in front of the entrance to the fair, and instantly knew this was a bad idea.

It was SO CROWDED. How could so many people be standing in this place at the same time?

He hated crowds. People brushing up against each other, getting pushed around, he had even fought with random people for touching him earlier in such fairs.

But she looked so excited, like a child who was given candy after days of asking, so pushed the thought away and walked beside her, entering the open ground.

Only to be pushed around immediately. They swiftly and smartly maneuvered their way through the crowds, but when Shiva looked back, she wasn't next to him or tailing behind.