Chapter 19

A/N: Even if I don't respond to all comments, I promise I read them all, and it makes my day!

.....

"Haa Di, sounds great! I'll see you. Chalo bye." Shashank tossed his phone aside and cleaned up the hall so that it looked presentable.

"Tujhe kya hua hai? Chutti hai, chill kar!" Shiva said, plopping down on the sofa.

"Chill? Meri behen aur uski terror beti aa rahi hai! Kaise karu chill?!" Shashank exclaimed, removing all breakable items from hands reach.

"But she's the sweetest baby, aise kaise terror bula raha hai usse, Shashank?!" Raavi frowned, grabbing a bowl of chips at 11 AM.

"Woh aayegi, tab samjhega." He shook his head and plopped down next to Shiva.

"Ye Gaurav har baar escape kaise kar leta hai?! Kamina saala!" Shashank grumbled, while Raavi chuckled in the background.

"Girlfriend calls, my dear boy! Especially when her flat is empty for the weekend." Raavi raised her palm as if she were offering blessings, making Shashank raise his eyebrows at her.

"Unbelievable. Seriously."

"Accha, kab aa rahi hai?" Shiva asked, leaning in to grab some chips and earning a swat on his hand instead.

"Abhi. In about 3-"

Ding dong.

"-seconds. I was going for minutes, really." Shashank grumbled and opened the door, greeted by his sister and the cutest 3 year old to ever walk this planet.

At least that's what Shashank believed.

"Wassup, Moti! Hi, my love!" He hugged his sister, and carried his niece in his arms, smothering her with kisses, making her giggle.

"Shut up Shashank! Hey you guys! Sorry aise suddenly aa gayi, socha tha drop by kar lu, Jiya was constantly nagging me to come to 'Mamu house'"

The tiny baby in question, Jiya, was currently wearing a white t-shirt and denim overalls, a butterfly clip in her hair, with white socks and yellow strappy shoes on, her teeth like white pearls and dimple like a crevice on the moon when she smiled.

Shashank's sister, Maitreyi, sank down on the sofa, bunching her hair up into a bun, thanking Raavi for the glass and hugging them both.

"That is Ra-i Didi." Jiya pointed at Raavi, and she pulled her cheeks at the way the little girl just stated that, not even doubting her memory. Oh, how 3 year old minds work, she'll never know.

"I was just driving past here taking her to the mall, toh zidd karne lagi, ki she wants to go to-"

"SHAK MAMU HOUSE!" Jiya cooed, giggling and holding his face in her tiny hands.

"-Shak mamu house, yes baby!" Maitreyi chuckled, and kept her bag down. "Isliye I called and asked if we could stop by. Bohot ziddi ho gayi hai ye ladki, threw a whole bunch of tantrums."

"Woh suna maine phone pe. And why not," Shashank tickled his baby niece, making her squirm and laugh, "after all, I am her favourite-"

"SHIVA MAMU!" Jiya looked at Shiva, and tilted her whole body, reaching her arms out towards Shiva, as he carried her in his arms and spun around.

"-mamu, damn you, Shiva!"

"Hi darling!" Shiva chuckled, kissing her cheek as she poked his arm.

"So many-nee muscles!" Jiya poked his bare arms, courtesy of his sleeveless vests he had resorted to in the heat of the season.