Chapter 21

18+ content. Read at your own discretion.

.....

Raavi lit up a few candles, fiddling with the satin ribbon tied around her waist, continuously peeking to check the time.

She had managed to convince Gaurav and Shashank to stay over at their partner's place for the night, which involved some promises about cooking chicken biryani that she did not intend to keep, if everything went well today.

But if that bhoothnath did not show up on time she would-

The door bell rang and she excitedly went to open the door, only to be greeted by the delivery boy. She grumbled and accepted the food, smiling at him because it wasn't his fault that her dumbass boyfriend was late.

Immediately followed by the first, the second bell rang, and Raavi opened the door uninterestedly, greeted by the sight of her boyfriend in tracks and vest, carrying a bag of groceries.

"Khasak, chipkali." Shiva nudged her aside, keeping the groceries in the fridge and shelves.

"Tu..." Raavi walked behind him a she arranged the utilities, "Tujhe yaad nahi hai aaj kya hai?"

"Aaj kuch hai kya?"

She gaped at him, as he walked into the living room and plopped down onto the sofa, surfing through his phone lazily.

"Tujhe sach mein yaad nahi hai?" She asked him, her voice getting small, almost hurt.

The door bell rang, and no one moved to get it.

"Chipkali, darwaza khol."

"Nahi. Mood nahi hai."

"Khol na darwaza!"

"No."

"Just trust me, open the door!"

Raavi frowned at him, annoyed and grumbling as she opened the door for the third time, greeted by another package.

"Package hai, ma'am. Raavi Joshi ke liye."

"Par maine kuch nahi mangaya. Kisne bheja hai?"

"Shiva Pandya."

The lady handed over the basket to Raavi, who took the basket in surprise, closing the door and keeping the basket on the table.

"Surprise?"

"Tujhe yaad tha!" Raavi squealed, as he walked towards her.

"Of course." Shiva smirked, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. "Mujhe kis type ka aadmi samjha hai?"

"The kind who is likely to forget an anniversary or birthday?" She chuckled, unwrapping the touille on the basket, to find 2 hot chocolates, some pastries, donuts, chocolates, croissants and a tub of ice cream.

"Flowers are too cliché." He shrugged, and was engulfed in a hug, surrounded by the sound of her tinkling laughter. "Toh maine humare favourite café se sab manga diya."

"I love it!" She took a bite of the chocolate, breaking a piece and feeding it to Shiva.

"Happy anniversary, Shiva." Raavi whispered, the chocolate being taken out of her hand, as he leaned in to kiss her.

"Happy anniversary, Chipkali."

"Tch!"

"Happy anniversary, Raavi."

He kissed her, biting down on her lip as her arms wrapped around him, pulling him closer, slanting her head to deepen the kiss, stumbling on their feet to the middle of the living room.