Chapter 22

I've taken a different approach to writing this chapter, the italics indicating either flashbacks or voice of a person over video call, and the '...' separating the events that happened over the span of 8 months. 

Do leave comments as usual, it genuinely motivates me to finish this story :) 

(Not proof read, very long update ahead!) 

.... 

"Raavi?"

"Hmm?"

"Mujhe chod. Meri flight miss ho jaayegi."

Raavi broke the hug, resting her hands on his shoulders, nodding to the floor.

"Aye chipkali." Shiva tipped her chin up, her tears resting on her eyelashes. "I'll be back before you know it."

The moment Raavi realised he would be away for 8 months, her entire mood deflated, although she put on a very convincing smile and hugged Shiva to congratulate him, telling him she was so proud of him and that he deserved this opportunity for all the hard work he had been putting into bettering himself.

Shiva felt a bit hollow, having to leave everything and most importantly his family and chipkali back in India. But it was for a few months, he had convinced himself, as he called his mother to tell her the news.

Suman's joy knew no bounds as she told everyone in her ladies' meet that her son was going abroad to study and the congratulations poured in, some lady in the background trying to pitch her daughter's rishta to Suman, which Shiva clearly denied, much to that lady's dismay.

Suman made Shiva promise to come stay with her for a few days before he left, and that's exactly what he planned on doing; he did miss his mother quite a lot. She was the only one who truly supported him in everything he did ever since he was kid. And although he never made any excuses, he did feel quite guilty of not being able to go back home every time she asked him.

Once the congratulations and phone calls came to an end for the night, Shiva walked into the room, greeted by a glum Raavi. The moment he sat down on his side of the bed, Raavi tucked herself into his arms without saying a word.

"Bas thode mahinon ki baat hai, jaan."

"Love me. Everyday, until you leave."

Shiva spent the whole night marking her with his love and showing her how much he loved her, and many nights after that, as promised.

The next few weeks, Raavi made sure to finish her studies for the day and spend the rest of her time accompanying Shiva in shopping, cross-checking his documents for the visa interview, and cooking every single favourite dish of his until his flight.

2 weeks before his flight, he told Raavi he was going to go stay with Suman, and by the look on her face, she was so close to travelling back to Somnath with him, just to spend some more time. He told her to stop being a chipkali, and joked about how this would be like a trial for when he actually leaves, immediately regretting it as Raavi burst into tears at the thought of him being away, which she had kept at bay for so long.

Shiva mentally slapped himself, pulling her into his arms and rubbing her back, telling her that he didn't mean it, kissing her head to tell her it would be okay.