Chapter 13

Shiva brought out the boxes of takeaway and set them up on the centre table, while all their friends sat around; Shashank, Gaurav, Mahi, Richa and Sakshi.

"Raavi, tu ye baju waale Mrs. Fernandes ke flat mein kyu shift nahi hoti? I mean, at least tujhe apni space toh milegi." Mahi said, reaching for the chips.

"I had thought about it." Raavi brought out the plates and put them on the table, "par na, it's too expensive for me to afford alone. And everyone else has a house or hostel, toh maine idea drop kar diya. Waise bhi, mujhe yaha accha lagta. These boys are nice people." Raavi smiled at her 3 roommates.

"Lekin tum log mujhe bata dete you are all coming over toh mai khud kuch bana leti na!"

"Relax, darling." Sakshi said, serving herself some of the fried rice. "I know you enjoy cooking, par iska ye matlab nahi ki tu kitchen mein padi rahe."

"Shiva, ye le," Raavi handed him a box of rice, "I kept it aside for you."

Shiva took one look at the rice and kept the box aside. "Nahi, it's okay. Mujhe nahi chahiye."

"What do you mean nahi chahiye? It's your favourite!" She exclaimed, and Shiva clicked his tongue.

"It's fine, Raavi. Nahi chahiye, ek baar bola na."

"Arre, mai kabse dekh rahi hu, whenever we order bahar se, you don't get any, isliye maine alag se order kiya tere liye!" Raavi pushed the box towards him, and he pushed it away again.

"Jaan buchke nahi khaata tha mai. Because," Shiva scooted closer to her, pointing at the rice "if I eat this, I can't do this."

Saying so, he pecked her lips once, and served himself some starters instead. "It has spring onions na."

Raavi stared between Shiva and the rice he just pushed away, before leaping into his arms, her legs around his waist, pulling him into a soul-crushing hug.

Shiva stumbled from her sudden reaction, and wrapped his arms around her, telling everyone in the room that she was a chipkali, this was her basic nature.

What he didn't know was that his gesture moved her. It was the smallest thing, really. He didn't have to give up his favourite food, he could just eat it and ignore her for a day. But the fact that he gave it up because he wanted to be able to kiss her anytime he felt like, almost brought her to tears.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Shiva rubbed her back slowly, and she murmured nothing, her arms going tighter around his neck.

"Look at me." He held her face in his hands, his thumbs slightly caressing her cheeks. "Kya hua?"

"I want to go to that prom with you." Raavi said out loud, and everyone whipped their heads around. "Kal pucha tha na mujhe? I want to go. With you."

"Okay." He smiled, kissing the inside of her wrist, "Par emotional kyu ho rahi thi?"

"Rehne de, it's nothing." She squeezed his hand and disentangled herself from his hold, everyone's burning gaze and teasing smiles on her.

"Theme kya hai Prom Night ka?"

"00s Bollywood."

"Interesting." Raavi scooped up some of her pasta, a smile creeping up her face.

Prom Night would be fun.

.....

"Chal na yaar, Shashank. Late ho jaayenge!" Shiva called out, grabbing his jacket.

"Hero banke jaane ke liye janaab itne utaavle?" Shashank teased him.