3

After a 31 hour drive the recently reunited father and son arrived in Mexico City when Robby realised something: "Dad, where do we start?"
"We'll just ask around. How hard can it be to find an Ecuadorean kid with an American accent in Mexico City?"
"Yeah, how hard?" Robby commented sarcastically as he looked around the busy city where Miguel could blend in as a local quite easily.

Johnny began to head for the doggy part of the city which Robby questioned. "If Miguel's dad is a drug lord, won't he be like rich?"
"Yes, but that means he'll be harder to find. I'm sure that some of the city's lowlifes will know exact where their drugs come from though. Besides Miguel took a lot of clothes and as much money as he could scrape together so he was probably planning to stay here awhile and to make his money last he'll have had to book in cheap motels in the poor parts of town." Robby was silently impressed with how much thought Johnny had put into this, his father wasn't as dumb as he appeared.

Johnny and Robby spent the rest of the day asking around about Miguel and his father. They hadn't got any straight answers but when they mentioned they where looking for a man by the name of Nano Garcia, they saw fear flash across people's faces meaning they were close.

Robby knew that that day had been Cobra Kai's first day back after the tournament and decided to phone Tory to see how it went. Robby stood outside the cheap motel they were staying at to speak to his girlfriend without his father listening in.

"Hey you."
"Hi baby." Tory replied tiredly as she made herself a light dinner for that time of night after coming home from work late. Luckily, her mom's carer had been there earlier to her and Brandon dinner.
"How was work?"
"Fine."
"Tory." He warned.
"If I say exhausting you'll start on about how I'm doing too much and I'll remind you that I need to do that much." She defended.
"I know. I just worry about you."
"Well don't. Please."
"Sorry babe. No can do. Unless you want to go back to the days of cruel remarks, snapping comments and pretending not to care."
"Hmm, don't tempt me." She joked back. "Anyway, shouldn't I be the one worried about you? You're the one in what's got to be one of the drug capitals of the world with your only very recently reunited father looking for the son he replaced you with. Kind of spells a recipe for disaster."
"I thought you wanted me to go with my dad to look for Miguel?"
Tory sighed "I did. I do. More importantly, it's what you wanted to do. Just ignore me, I'm just overthinking things."
"Ah, I get it. Something's happened and you wish I was there. Come on, what is it? It's not your mom, is it?"
"No. She's okay... for now. It's Cobra Kai.."
Now it was Robby's turn to sigh "What now?"
"Silver got new recruits, including Kenny's older brother."
"Shawn's out of juvie?" Robby double checked.
"Yeah. I don't like him." Robby laughed. "He just walked in like he owned the place. He didn't even audition because he'd already fought you before." Robby laughed again. "Seriously Robby, you should see some of the recruits Silver got. I think your 'I kicked a kid off a balcony and got sent to juvie for it' reputation would be quite helpful in controlling them."
"I'm sure you'll break them eventually. Hell, you managed to get Kyler to listen to everything you say. What does Sensei Kreese have to say about the new recruits?" Tory went silent causing Robby to pull his phone away from his ear to check to connection "Tory?"
"I heard you... Umm, Sensei Kreese is in jail."
"What!"
"Silver said he tried to kill Stingray."
"You don't believe him." Robby instantly realised.
"Not really, no."
"Tory do not do anything stupid. I've fought Silver before - none of us stand a chance. It could be true, you saw how mad Kreese was at Stingray when he came into the dojo on prom day."
"Oh yeah, I'll not do anything stupid and I can't hear gunshots through the phone."
"How do you know their not coming from your side?" Robby challenged.
"Cause they're not." Tory paused as they heard another one. "Okay, that one came from here."
"Stay indoors." Robby warned.
"You too."
"I better go then. I've been standing outside our motel room this whole time."
"Robby!"
"Good night, Tory."
"Bye, don't die."