42

At the hospital, Robby refused treatment and waited impatiently in the ER waiting room as the doctors took Tory away immediately.

He was soon joined by his fellow teammates and a few of the Cobras who were seriously injured or stuck around after the fight. When the initial paramedics arrived and saw that another karate brawl had occurred and the state some of the students were in, they radioed for more ambulances and the police as well.

"Hey, bro." Miguel came and sat down next to him. "What's been happening?"
"I don't know. They took her away as soon as we came in. Some nurses offered to patch me up but I said no."
"You might want to reconsider." Miguel told him looking at Robby's bloody face and grimacing as his step brother coughed and rubbed his sternum.
"I'm fine." Robby insisted hoarsely. "Most of this isn't mine." He said looking at his bloody hands.
"Did the docs say anything about Tory?"
"Not really 'cause I'm not family. Paramedics seemed busy in the ambulance - there was a lot I didn't understand. Pretty sure she's in surgery now."
"Yeah, the police came after you left. They're contacting next of kin. Did you call your Dad or Barnes?"
"Nope."
"I'm pretty sure my mom is on shift today so..." And he was right, within a few minutes Carmen Diaz came rushing around the corner.

"Oh Miggy! What happened? They said there was another karate brawl. Is your back okay?"
"I'm okay, Ma. My back doesn't even hurt." Carmen nodded and looked to her right seeing a bloody Robby staring straight ahead at the wall. "Oh my god! Robby? Are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine." He said emotionlessly not moving his eyes.
"Tory's in surgery." Miguel whispered.
"Surgery?" Carmen exclaimed. "How bad?"
Miguel shrugged and explained in Spanish so Robby couldn't understand "Se veía realmente mal. Cayó desde un piso y aterrizó en un poste; le atravesó el estómago." Carmen's face drained of colour remembering when Miguel fell a storey. "I'll see if I can find anything out for you." She squeezed Robby's knee."
"Thanks." Robby said with the tiniest smile.
"Your Dad is on his way."
"Great." He said sarcastically.

It wasn't long before Daniel, Amanda, Johnny and Chozen arrived. Amanda cried hearing the full account of what happened from the teens and Johnny hugged his son as a few more tears escaped his eyes, careful not to squeeze Robby too tight.

/ /

Meanwhile, the police had begun their investigation (along with informing parents and guardians) and had been speaking with the business owners regarding the history of dojos' grievances and asking if they were aware of any intentions or motives to warrant another Karate brawl.

Unfortunately, Mike was running late for his shift at Cobra Kai and only saw the retreating backs of a police officer and detective.

"What was that about?" He asked Silver coming up behind him. The older man was startled but tried to hide it as he turned around. "Has something happened?" Mike questioned. Silver was normally unshakeable so he automatically knew everything was not okay. "There's been a clash between our students and the Miyagi-Dos."
"Miyagi-Fangs, I think they're called now." Mike corrected.
"Oh?... Oh, yes, of course you would know that now." Silver realised. "Um... Michael, my dear boy, I'm afraid there's been a terrible accident."
"Wha-What kind of accident?" He stuttered nervously. However, Silver never answered busy wringing his hands. "Terry, I don't like to be scared, an-and this is scaring the hell out of me."
"I can't believe this happened. This isn't my fault. All I ever wanted was to improve Cobra Kai's reputation after LaRusso destroyed it." Silver rambled pacing around Mike.
"Wh-What isn't your fault? Did something happened to Tory?" He snapped.
"Don't yell at me." The Vietnam vet pleaded.
"Listen to me, we are talking about my daughter." Mike grabbed him by the elbow and yanked Silver around to face him. "You start making sense. Now!"
"The detective told me she fell."
"What does... What does that mean?" Mike uttered his voice barley above a whisper.
"It could've happened to anyone. I mean, why would Lawrence pick such an awful place to teach kids anyway?"
"What place?"
"It's so dangerous! All those stairs, and the broken upper floor, and even the mould!"
"W-w-wait, that's where Tory fell? Where is she right now?!"
"They said paramedics took her to the hospital."
"Is she okay?"
"I don't know. They said it was bad. They were looking for you here to tell you."
"Dammit!" Mike suddenly realised why he'd been getting calls from the police precinct on his day off from the law firm. "No! No! No! No." Mike shouted over Silver as he realised. "Fuck." He swore running a hand over his face before banging his fist against his forehead three times.