9

Before the next Cobra Kai lesson Silver wanted to get Mike's opinion on their recently returned star student. "What did you think of Robby?" He asked his fellow Sensei.
"He's good, But I heard some rumours. He broke a kid's back and got sent to juvie."
"Yes, that's how he and the elder Mr. Payne know each other."
"I'm not actually supposed to like this kid, am I?" Mike questioned.
"Well, he's fucking your daughter, so no." Silver commented causing Mike to glare at him "But as a fighter, oh yeah, the kid is a fucking prodigy."

/ /

Out on the mats those who had arrived early were stretching and when Kyler arrived he went straight over to Tory and Robby "Hey, did you guys here Moon's throwing a party - everyone's invited. We going?"
"I haven't decided. Do you know what everyone's thinking?" Tory asked her loyal friend.
"The general consensus is that we should go. Most people don't think the Miyagi-Dos or Eagle Fangs will be there due to their humiliating loss."
"Forgetting Hawk?" Robby asked. "He and Moon are back together now so he'll be there."
"You scared K.C.?" Kyler asked.
"I'm not the one he has a problem with." Robby reminded Kyler who humphed remembering his humiliating AVT loss. "Boss?" Kyler asked.
"I'm still thinking. I'll let you know at the end of class." Tory said and Kyler nodded heading over to Edwin, Dieter and Big Red, as well as Mikey and Doug who had come back after Cobra Kai's win. "What do you think?" Tory asked Robby.
"Probably not gonna end well."
"Never does." Tory agreed. "But we're not ones to back down. You think it'll just be Miguel and Hawk?"
"Nah, but at least the others will listen to them."
"Hmm, most of them will." Tory said remembering how Sam had wanted to fight her at the drive-in and prom against Miguel's advice. Changing the subject she asked Robby "You sure you're okay here?" Her eyes flicking to the office.
"Well I want to kill him a little more than I did 2 days ago, but shouldn't I be asking you that?"
"I don't have a choice. You do."
"Well, I'm choosing not to leave you in the hands of a psychopath." Robby stated.

During the class Silver had overheard some discussions about the party and once class was over he suggested that they go and show everyone why they're the champions. Robby had to fight to not roll his eyes as the cobras cheered but was brought back to reality by Silver asking for Tory's opinion.
"What do you think, Queen Cobra?"
"Sure. We won the AVT, I say we party." She responded with fake happiness that was only detectable to Robby. All of the cobras cheered.

As everyone headed out Kenny came up to Robby - he wanted to spend some time with his mentor who he hadn't seen much of since the tournament. Robby looked back at Tory raising eyebrow "Go." She said knowing  that Kenny was the other reason Robby was remaining in Cobra Kai against his morals. "You sure?" Robby asked not wanting to leave her alone after Silver's deliberate reminder of her bought win. "Rob, I'm not a ticking time bomb." She said crossing her arms.
"I know. I just-"
"It's not fair, believe me I know - but it's done now we can't change what Silver did but you can still fix Kenny, so go." Robby could've told Tory he loved her there and he nearly let those words slip out but his fear stopped him; the last person he said I love you to was his mom before she abandoned him and moreover, he knew Tory wouldn't be able accept the sentiment or say it back, so he settled for kissing her lovingly. "I'll see you later."

As Robby and the Payne brothers headed in the direction of Shawn's car Tory headed in the opposite direction around the back of the dojo and knocked on the fire escape door.
"Hi." She smiled mischievously at Sensei Barnes.
"You haven't told your little boyfriend about our lessons." He realised letting her into the back dojo.
"And you haven't told Sensei Silver." Tory countered.
"True."
"Why haven't you?" She questioned.
"It's considered unethical to poach students."
"Silver cares about ethics?" Tory questioned.
"Only when they're used against him." Mike explained. "Silver and Robby don't seem to like each other too much." He pointed out.
"Ohh, they don't." Tory drawled as they put on their fingerless boxing gloves.