NINE

Log sachha pyaar bhool jaate hai, Mujhe uska jhootha pyaar bhulaya nahi jaa raha

Mujhe uska jhootha pyaar bhulaya nahi jaa raha.

️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

"Good morning," Zaroon said while standing at Mirhaan's door with two cups of coffee in his hand.

Mirhaan, who had woken up a few minutes ago, and was working on his laptop raised his eyes and smiled slightly at his best friend.

"Morning," He greeted back.

Zaroon came inside and passed Mirhaan one cup and took a seat on the bed.

"Did you return late yesterday night?" Zaroon asked while taking a sip.

Mirhaan nodded. "I finally caught that mole, and everything in the company is good now."

They stayed silent, just sipping their drinks before Mirhaan cleared his throat, "I am going back to London this weekend. Here, all the work has wrapped up and dad needs me there. He can't handle the whole company on his own. I'm sorry bro, but I won't be able to stay till the wedding."

What Mirhaan said was true, his work in Delhi had finished. But that was not the only reason for not staying back for the wedding. He knew he couldn't watch Adab get married to someone else. It would be just too painful. So he wanted to go back as soon as possible.

But little did he know that everything had changed in the last twenty four hours.

Zaroon gave Mirhaan a lopsided smile. "There is no wedding happening."

Mirhaan frowned. "What do you mean?"

Zaroon sighed loudly. "Adab called off the wedding."

Mirhaan felt his heart skip a beat, and then one more. His hands froze for a second.

"What?" He said in disbelief.

Zaroon nodded.

"But why?"

Zaroon stared at Mirhaan for a few seconds before speaking, "I think you know why."

And suddenly Mirhaan was scared. Did Zaroon know about whatever there was in between him and Adab?

"I..I don't." Mirhaan fumbled, and avoided looking into Zaroon's eyes.

"Adab called it off because she didn't love me. That was her only reason, but she also told me she has some feelings for you." Zaroon informed Mirhaan.