TEN

Ek baar aur dekh kar aazad karde mujhe, Main ab bhi teri pehli nazar ki qaid mein hoon

Main ab bhi teri pehli nazar ki qaid mein hoon.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Adab took off her sandals and threw her dupatta over her head before walking inside The Jama Masjid. A few days had passed since she had broken off her engagement.

It was a little late than five in the morning, and there weren't more than ten people in the mosque. She raised her head to look at the beautiful architecture while walking towards one corner of the mosque. She took a seat on the floor and closed her eyes to feel the absolute serenity of the place. Ever since she had turned a teenager, this place had been her peace. Whenever she had wanted some space, or she was in any stress, she'd come here early morning to clear her head.

A few men finished their fajr prayer and started leaving, when her eyes fell on a familiar man. He was dressed in a dark blue pathani kurta and had just finished his namaz. He was looking around and he saw Adab as well. His steps halted for a second, before he walked towards her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked when he neared her.

"I can ask you the same question." She retorted back.

Mirhaan smiled before taking a seat near her. "Whenever I visit Delhi, I make sure to visit Jama Masjid once to offer prayer."

Adab nodded. From the corner of her eyes, she saw him casually folding his sleeves and couldn't help but swoon at how sexy he looked.

"I heard about your and Zaroon's marriage. I'm sorry." He spoke after a while.

She turned towards him. "I just want you to know that I didn't break it off with him because of you. I did it because of me, because I didn't love him and it wasn't fair to him and me."

"I am happy you did it for yourself and him." He smiled.

"But," She bit her lips, "that doesn't mean I don't like you."

"Adab.."

"I know," She stopped him, "I know you don't want anything to do with me. But ask yourself, is it right to not acknowledge whatever it is between us just because I have a past with your best friend? Would you be able to spend your entire life wondering what would have happened if you gave us a chance?"

"Adab, I like you too. I like you very much. But I can't do this to Zaroon." He helplessly sighed.

She let out a sad chuckle. "Maybe this is my punishment for not loving Zaroon."