SIXTEEN

Tere ishq ki aag meinjal kar aye mehboob, Kuch main raakh hua, kuch main paak hua

jal kar aye mehboob,
Kuch main raakh hua,
kuch main paak hua.

️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

"Geeta, what are you doing? See, there are so many magazines spread on the table. And why aren't the cushion covers changed?" Naila asked her househelp while putting fresh flowers in the vase.

Geeta, who was dusting the shelves, rolled her eyes at Naila. "Bhabhi, let me first finish dusting or else all the dust will get stuck on the new covers."

"Do it fast. There are only two hours left before the guests arrive." Naila stressed.

Shiza, who entered the living room, while holding her huge baby bump, said, "Maa, relax. Geeta will finish all the work."

"How can I relax? So much work is left, and Armaan and Qirat are still not home from the office." Naila said with a frown, "And what are you doing here? You should be resting, beta."

"I am fine. I got tired lying in bed." Shiza brushed it off. "Let me help you cook."

Naila denied Shiza's offer to help, but she was stubborn. So finally Naila made her sit at the dining table and asked her to chop onion and tomatoes for the salad. Naila was almost done with her chicken korma, when Qirat walked in the home.

"Have you seen the time?" Naila screamed at her daughter as soon as her eyes fell on her.

Qirat frowned and glanced at her wrist watch. "It is five."

"You're late." Naila placed a hand on her hip.

"No, I'm not." Qirat retorted back. "I've almost one and a half hours to get ready."

"And you think that much time is enough?" Naila asked with a raised eyebrow.

From the corner of her eyes, Qirat saw Shiza and Geeta giggling at her conversation with Naila.

"Maa, it is more than enough. I just have to quickly shower and change."

"You're putting on make-up." Naila informed her.

"What? Why? I'm not going to any wedding." Qirat made a face.

"Yes, but the Hussains are coming to see you. We're talking about your wedding here." Naila deepened.

Qirat shook her head at her mother's insanity and padded off towards her room.

Half an hour later, Armaan arrived with all the sweets and snacks that Naila had asked him to bring.