TWENTY EIGHT

Faasle badh gaye, Aur kambakht mohabbat bhi

Faasle badh gaye,
Aur kambakht mohabbat bhi.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

The guests started pouring in soon after, and Qirat and Zaroon got no time to talk to each other.

"How are you?" Zaroon asked while hugging Eshal.

"Tell me about yourself. How have you been?" Eshal had been worried lately about Zaroon. Adab and Mirhaan's visit wouldn't have sat well with him, and to top it off, she also announced her pregnancy.

"I was not good the day I saw her." Zaroon said, "but later, when I thought about it, I realised that I don't love her anymore. Maybe I was upset because I didn't expect to see her and it happened all of a sudden, but now, I've understood my priorities." While speaking this last part, his eyes subconsciously moved towards Qirat who was talking to one of the guests.

Eshal noticed that, and it made her smile. Her cousin was finally getting the happiness he deserved, and she couldn't be more grateful about it.

A two tier cake was placed in the centre of the room and Parishay and Mahad were asked to cut it. Everyone gathered around them, with Qirat and Zaroon standing near their parents. Everyone applauded and wished them a very happy anniversary as Parishay and Mahad cut the cake. Then Parishay took a piece and fed it to Qirat.

"Happy anniversary, ammi." Qirat picked up a piece and made Parishay eat as well.

Then Parishay looked at Zaroon. He was looking at her with hopeful eyes. She forwarded the piece towards his mouth, and he gladly ate it. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. It felt so good to hug his mother after so long. Then Mahad also fed Qirat and Zaroon.

The cameraman asked for a family photo. The four of them all lined up, Parishay and Mahad stood together, while Qirat was on Mahad's side and Zaroon was standing beside Parishay. Mahad had both of his arms around both the ladies standing on each of his side, and Zaroon held Parishay with one hand. It was a perfect snap, that all four of them were going to cherish all their lives.

The cameraman then clicked a few of Mahad and Parishay's pictures, before asking Qirat and Zaroon. "Ma'am, sir, can we get a few shots of yours as well?"

Zaroon looked at Qirat. She thought for a second before nodding. They both stood in the frame.

"Can you get a little closer please?" The cameraman asked.

Qirat moved to her left till their arms brushed each other. Zaroon could tell that she was nervous. She hated when the limelight was on her. He took his right hand from his pocket, rested on her naked waist (thanks to the saree's blouse) and pulled her closer. A gasp left her lips and she looked up at him in surprise. He was smiling subtly at her. The flashlight went off indicating the picture was taken.

After a few more poses, they were done.

"Did I tell you?" Zaroon said to Qirat.

"What?" She asked.

"That kajal makes you look absolutely stunning." He whispered flirtily.

And she blushed. Her cheeks reddened and she looked down in shyness. This was the first time he had complimented her.

"Tha-thank you." She muttered.

The dinner was served. Since Qirat was still busy with the guests, Zaroon decided to serve her a plate. In the last six months, he might have subconsciously noticed the food that she liked and didn't like. So after filling a plate with butter chicken, rumali roti, biryani, kebabs and not to forget, onions with green chutney, he walked to where Qirat was.

"Excuse me," He said to the guest she was talking to, "can I borrow my wife for a minute?"

Qirat's heart fluttered at the way he called her his wife. He took her to an empty table and made her sit.

She looked at him questioningly. He put the plate in front of her. "Eat."

She looked at the food items, all were her favorite. She wanted to ask how he knew it all, but refrained herself. You should just enjoy some things without asking too much about it. As she ate, he sat in front of her and watched her. It did make her shy, but also made her feel so special.

"Why are you not eating?" She asked after a while.

"I'll eat later, after everyone leaves." He answered.

She tore a bite of roti, placed butter chicken in it and forwarded it towards him. He couldn't believe that she would do such a thing, but nonetheless accepted the food from her hand. It was literally the happiest he had felt in a very long time.

When Adab had told her that she wanted him to have a partner who'd love him as much as he loved her, he hadn't understood what she meant. But today, when he saw Qirat looking at him with affection-filled eyes, and made him eat food with her own hands, he understood what Adab was trying to say. With Adab, it was him who made all the efforts because Adab didn't have the kind of love for Zaroon in her heart to reciprocate his actions. But Qirat did. And for the first time in his life, Zaroon felt special and cherished. And this made him fall for Qirat a little more.

_________________

"Take care of yourself. And don't forget to take your medicine." Zaroon said to Naila while hugging her.

All the guests had left, and now it was time for Qirat and Naila to leave as well.

As Parishay and Mahad moved forward to bid Naila bye, Zaroon came to Qirat.

"Leaving?" He asked, sadly.

She nodded.

He wanted to stop her, hoist her in his arms and carry her to their room and never let her leave. But he didn't want to force her. So he just sadly looked down.

"Do you not want me to go?" She asked.

He shook his head cutely. "I want you to stay with me forever."

"I am not coming back until you come to my home and bring me back here yourself." She said with a smile.

His eyes snapped at her as soon as he deciphered the meaning behind her words. An excited smile appeared on his lips. But before he could say anything, Naila called her and she walked towards the car.

Their eyes stayed connected till the car zoomed off. On their way back home, Qirat opened her favorite online shopping app and ordered a kajal for herself. If her husband liked it on her, then she might start wearing it more often.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Double update, kyuki Aditya_Jadoun ka birthday hai!!! ❤

Vote kar dena.