THIRTEEN

Nazrein mili aur nazrein jhuki, Itni si baat aur hum barbaad

Itni si baat aur hum barbaad.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

"Congratulations, bro!" Zaroon pulled Mirhaan into a brotherly hug.

Mirhaan smiled awkwardly at Zaroon when he pulled back.

"What?" Zaroon asked, looking at his uncomfortable smile.

Mirhaan shook his head. "Nothing." He couldn't possibly tell him that there was still some guilt left inside him. But Zaroon understood. "Stop thinking about the past."

Then Zaroon turned towards Adab.

"Congratulations to you too, Adab." He politely smiled and passed her a wrapped gift.

"Thanks," She smiled back and took the gift.

Zaroon then made his way down the stage and went to stand with Eshal and Ayaan.

"Is dinner served? It is getting late." Eshal asked.

"Let me check." Zaroon said, and started walking towards the area where the buffet was being served. He had been running around since the morning, making sure everything was perfect. Maybe it was the only way he could keep his mind occupied and not focus on the constant ache in his heart.

While walking towards the buffet, he ran into a lady in her mid forties.

"I'm sorry, aunty." He apologized.

"It is okay." The lady smiled. He then walked off.

The lady watched him walk away, before another lady called her.

"Naila, assalam alaikum." The other lady greeted her.

"Walaikum assalam, Bushra." The first lady, Naila replied back with a smile.

"Did you congratulate the couple yet?" Bushra asked.

Naila said no, so they both went on the stage to give them gifts and blessings. Adab obviously didn't recognize both the ladies among so many guests but accepted the gifts nonetheless.

Then both Naila and Bushra went to meet Mehr.

"I'm glad you both could come." Mehr hugged both of them. Naila and Bushra were Mehr's friends.

"Naila, your family didn't come?" Mehr asked.

Naila was a widow, and had two children; a son and a daughter. His son was married, while her daughter was not.