THIRTY NINE

Bahut ajeeb hain yeh bandishein mohabbat ki, Na usne kaid mein rakhana hum farar hue

Na usne kaid mein rakha
na hum farar hue.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Qirat used her right hand to pick up a slice of apple. Bringing it closer to her mouth, she bit on it.

"That color looks great on you." Parishay said while looking at Qirat's legs' nails.

Both the women were at home, and had called two beauticians over for some self-pampering. One of them was massaging Parishay's face, while the other one was painting Qirat's nails.

"Yeah," Qirat said, admiring her blue nails.

Anisha came with four cups of tea for the ladies and beauticians.

"Wow, Parishay ma'am! Mahad sir might just lose his heart over you again." Anusha commented.

Parishay smirked. "He better. I've spent two hours sitting in this chair. My back is all numb."

Qirat smiled and continued eating her apple. She felt some cramps in her lower abdomen, and she placed her palm over her belly. Just two days left for her due date! She couldn't wait to meet her little one. The pain slowly subsided so she didn't pay much attention to it.

It was almost sunset when the beauticians left. Till this time, small episodes of similar cramps had come and gone a few times. Qirat suspected it to be labor pain, but before she could voice it out to anyone, the pain increased.

"Anusha," She shouted as loud as she could. Taking deep breaths, she tried to calm herself down.

She waited a few minutes, but when she realised that her voice had not reached downstairs, she picked up her phone and called Parishay.

Parishay was in the kitchen, going over the dinner menu when her phone rang.

Frowning, she picked up. "Qirat?"

"Ammi," Qirat gasped, tensing Parishay.

"Are you okay?" Parishay asked in a worried tone as she started to run towards the stairs.

She reached her room as fast as he could. She found her breathing fast while clutching the bedsheet.

"Qirat," Parishay held her, "Anusha, ask the driver to start the car."

A few househelps came running to help Qirat down the stairs and walk her to the car. Parishay sat with Qirat in the backseat and the driver pressed on the accelerator.

"Stay calm, you'll be fine." Parishay rubbed her back.

"Za.. Zar," Qirat said.

"Yes, I'm calling him." Parishay was already dialing Zaroon's number.