TWENTY FIVE

Le chalo ishq ko wahan tak jahan phir koi kahaani bane, Jahan phir koi ghalib nazm padhe aur phir koi meera deewani bane

Jahan phir koi ghalib nazm padhe aur phir koi meera deewani bane.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

"Assalam alaikum," Zaroon greeted Qirat's mother, Naila, when she opened the door.

"Walaikum assalam, beta. Come." She invited him inside. Qirat's sister-in-law, Shiza was sitting on the couch with her three month old daughter, Samiya.

"Hello, bhabhi." He smiled at her as well.

"Zaroon," She said, surprised, "how are you?"

He wasn't fine. How could he be when his wife was angry with him? But he still politely nodded and forwarded his hands towards Samiya. The little baby looked at him with her big black eyes before trying to reach towards him. Shiza delicately placed her in Zaroon's arms. He smiled as Samiya stared at him inquisitively, her small hands roamed around his beard.

"Would you like something? Tea, coffee?" Naila asked her son-in-law.

"No," He denied, "I actually came to see Qirat."

Naila knew that something must have happened between the couple when Qirat arrived home at the middle of the night, but Qirat refused to say anything and Naila didn't force her as well. She believed that it was healthy for couples to sort their own fights without involving any third person.

"She is in her room, getting ready for the office." Naila said.

Zaroon nodded and passed Samiya back to Shiza before walking towards Qirat's room. He knocked on the door.

"It's open." Qirat screamed from the other side.

He pushed the door open, walked inside and locked the door behind him. Qirat was working on her laptop, but when Zaroon entered, her eyes snapped at him. He saw her expression change from confusion to anger.

"What are you doing here?" Her tone was hard.

"I am here to convince my wife to come back home with me." He guiltily said.

She shut the laptop and stood up from the bed. "I think I have made it pretty clear that I'm not coming back ever."

"Qirat, please." He neared her and held her shoulders. "Don't say that. Please."

Seeing her in front of him made him lose his self control and he took her in a bone-crushing hug. Suddenly he felt like he could breathe again. Her being in his arms felt like home to him. "I need you with me. Just give one chance to prove how important you are to me. Please."

The vulnerability in his voice was alien to her. She had never seen him so weak, and so helpless. And for a second, she wanted to give in to her heart's desires and hug him back. But she didn't. Even though his embrace made her feel protected and cherished, she pulled herself away from him.

"I don't want to get hurt again." She whispered.

"You won't." He promised.

"How can I trust you? How can I trust a man who's still in love with his ex?" She questioned.

"But I'm not in love with her anymore." He tried to make her understand.

She gave him an uncertain look. "You're lying."

"Qirat,"

"Zaroon, please. I don't have time to talk to you." She put her laptop inside her laptop bag and hung it on her shoulder. "I'm getting late for work."

With that, she started to walk out of the home, and Zaroon trailed behind her.

Naila and Shiza stared at them when they came out of the room.

"Maa, I'm leaving." Qirat said to Naila and kissed Samiya's forehead before heading towards the door. Zaroon also said quick goodbyes to Naila and Shiza before running behind Qirat.

Before the lift doors could close, Zaroon forwarded his leg to stop it and entered as well. Qirat glared at him before looking away.

"What do you want me to do that'll convince you that I'm serious about everything I said?" He helplessly asked.

"Nothing. Like always, you don't have to put in any effort for me. Afterall, I was just a compromise to you."

The lift doors opened at the ground floor and she started to walk out. But he held his hand. "You were never a compromise to me, Qirat. I might have married you in an attempt to lessen my pain, but I've never seen you as a compromise."

The sincerity in his eyes made Qirat skip a beat, but she didn't let it show on her face. Jerking her hand away, she padded out.

"I get why you don't want to forgive me so easily. I deserve this behavior. Don't believe my words, but from today, my actions, my efforts will show you how important you are to me." He spoke to her.

She ignored him and was about to hail an auto, but he stopped her. "Jahangir will drop you."

"I said I don't need favors from you."

"It is not a favor. It is your right, and my responsibility. You're my wife, and you need the best security with you. So please, just keep Jahangir with you, or else I'd have to appoint an entire security team for you who'd follow you everywhere you go."

Qirat was just going to start screaming at him, but he cut her. "I'm sorry, but you're not getting a choice. I can deal with all of your anger, but I'll not compromise with your safety."

She gave him her best glare before storming towards the car. She opened the backseat door, sat inside and shut the door with a bang. Zaroon smiled at her cute antics and called Jahangir.

"Protect her with your life. If anything happened to her.." He warned Jahangir.

"Don't worry, sir." Jahangir said in his professional tone, and that was enough for Zaroon to know that she was in safe hands.

Jahangir went back to the car and they drove off.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

I love this protective side of Zaroon.

Vote kar dena aur comment bhi.