TWENTY SEVEN

Kaise na ho ishq uski saadgi par aye khuda, Khafa hai humse magar kareeb baithe hai

Khafa hai humse magar kareeb baithe hai.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

"Put some kajal in your eyes." Shiza suggested Qirat.

Qirat paused while applying lipstick. "I don't have kajal."

"Wait, I'll get you mine." Shiza left the room and returned after two minutes. She handed Qirat a black kajal, which she applied in her waterline.

"Better?" Qirat asked.

Shiza enthusiastically nodded. "MashaAllah, you look beautiful."

Qirat was wearing a beautiful net saree in white color, with yellow thread work in the border. Her waist length black hair was pulled up in a messy bun, a few tendrils fell on her face. She had also pinned two off-white roses in the bun. She looked different, but beautiful. Maybe it was the kajal. She never wore kajal, so it made her eyes look more big and bright, and that changed the entire look of her face.

Naila was ready as well and was waiting for Qirat in the living room. After asking Shiza to take care of herself and Samiya, they left the home. It was Mahad and Parishay's anniversary party. Qirat had no doubt in her mind about attending it. She would not punish her in-laws for her husband's mistakes. She also made sure to talk to Parishay once in a while. Parishay had never asked her about her fight with Zaroon, or questioned her about coming back home, and Qirat was glad about it. Shiza and Armaan couldn't go because Samiya was not very well.

A smile appeared on Qirat's face when the car entered the grounds of the haveli. She had missed her sasural, and the people living here. They had arrived a little early since she didn't want to give the guests a chance to talk about why she wasn't living in the haveli.

The furniture of the living room was removed except for a few couches and the entire place was decorated with flowers, lights and candles.

"Where is Ammi and Baba?" Qirat asked a servant.

"In their room." He replied.

She nodded and started walking towards their room.

Parishay was wearing her necklace while standing in front of the dresser when she felt another pair of hands. More than two decades later, a single touch was enough to tell her that it was Mahad. She removed her hands from the hook and let Mahad clasp it. Their eyes were locked through the mirror.

"How do I look?" She cutely asked.

He kissed the side of her neck. "So beautiful." He whispered in her ears. "You still make me feel the way I felt when I saw you in my office all those years ago."