THIRTY

Main zindagi bhi girvi rakh dunga, Tu keemat toh bata muskurane ki

Tu keemat toh bata muskurane ki.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Qirat's eyes opened and she found herself spooning with Zaroon. His chin was placed on her shoulder, his hands were wrapped around her tightly, and their legs were tangled. She blushed at their position, and tried to wriggle out of his hold. An angry groan left his mouth and he tightened his arms. 

"Zaroon?" She called him. No response. "Zaroon." She poked his bicep this time. 

"What?" He huskily spoke, without opening his eyes. 

"Let me go. I've to pee." 

He finally opened his eyes and stared at the beauty in front of her. She was looking at him with impatient eyes. Sighing, he let her get out of his hold, and she made a run to the washroom. 

Normally, he went to the gym everyday. But today when his alarm went off and his eyes fell on her, sleeping beside him after so many days, he couldn't bring himself to leave the bed. So he shut his alarm, and went to sleep again, but not before pulling her into his arms. 

Qirat came out of the bathroom only after taking a shower. As she started to get ready, Zaroon went to take a bath. They both had breakfast with Parishay and Mahad, before leaving for work. He was dropping her first. 

"Listen," He said when the car stopped in front of her office building, "I've an assignment for you."

She raised her eyebrow. "Assignment? What kind of assignment?"

"You have to choose a place where you want to go." He said. 

"Why?" She was confused. 

"I'm taking you on a honeymoon." He replied while tucking her hair behind her hair. 

A happy smile adorned her face. "Really?" She excitedly asked. 

He couldn't even express in words how much her happiness made him happy. "Yes, anywhere you want to go."

"Oh my God, I'm so happy." She chirped. "I lo.." Before she could blutter out what she was about to, her brain sent her warning signals and she bit her tongue. 

"You?" This time he raised his brow. "You lo..what?" 

"Nothing." She cleared her throat. 

A teasing smirk came on his face. "No, you were saying something. Complete the sentence."

"I.. I am getting late." She started to open the door of the car, but he pulled her towards him by her arm. Pressing a soft kiss on her soft cheek, he whispered, "Miss me."

She was shocked at his actions, and what made her more embarrassed was that Jahangir and the driver were sitting in the front seats of the car. She can't believe he pulled such an act in front of an audience. Even though they both weren't looking towards them, it wasn't hard to guess what must be going on. She tried to glare at him, but since her cheeks had turned red due to the kiss, it only made Zaroon chuckle. She got out of the car, muttering what a shameless husband she had gotten.