EPILOGUE

Lafz karenge ishara jaane ka, Tum aankhen padhke ruk jaana

Tum aankhen padhke ruk jaana.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Zaroon came out of the driver's seat and opened the door of the back seat. A five year old Saifan jumped down, followed by a three year old Sufian. After both the boys were out, Zaroon crouched down to pick up his angel into his arms and got her out of the car. Saara was the twin of Sufian.

The three siblings rushed towards the passenger seat of the car. Saifan opened the door and they all picked up three single red roses each and ran inside. Zaroon smiled at them and followed them, but not before taking the big bouquet of roses that was also sitting on the passenger seat.

"Ammi," The three of them shouted together entering the kitchen. It was Sunday and they knew that Qirat would be in the kitchen, making breakfast for them.

Qirat looked up while flipping the pancake. Her kids reached her and extended their hands. Seeing the flowers in each of their hands made her awe in happiness. She kneeled down in front of them and took the flowers. "That is so sweet. Thank you, my babies."

They all grinned and kissed their mother's cheeks. Behind them stood Zaroon. He was smiling as well. Qirat stood up and he walked closer to her. Giving her the bouquet, he kissed her cheek as well.

"That's a beautiful way to start my Sunday." She commented while smelling the flowers.

"It is just a small gesture to let you know that we appreciate you and love you." He told her.

After their cute moment, they all sat down to eat breakfast. Mahad and Parishay came back from their walk in the lawn as well. Saifan was a very serious and responsible kid. He behaved older than his age. Instead of playing with toys, he'd prefer sitting in his father's study and reading books. It was a no shocker that he was fabulous in his academics as well. And this behavior of his was intensifying with age. So as a responsible child, he ate his pancakes silently without messing up his face or table.

Sufian on the other hand was the naughty one. He was as mischievous as a three year old could be, if not more. That resulted in him getting in trouble all the time, but being the mama's boy he was, Qirat always managed to save him. He was sitting in his high chair beside Qirat. She had cut his pancake into small bites, and he was eating them by dipping it into chocolate sauce. His face was smudged with the sauce.

Saara, just like the meaning of her name, was the sehzaadi of the haveli. An absolute daddy's princess, she was the most pampered member of the family. She was somewhere in the middle of naughty and serious, depending on her mood. She sat on Zaroon's lap as he fed her small bites from his plate.

Zaroon looked at his family with a content smile on his face. He might have gotten his heart shattered, but when he looks back now, he understands why everything happened the way it did. The pain, the longing, the healing, everything makes sense to him now.