THIRTY SIX

Haal aisa hai mera ki tere gale lag kar, Teri hi shikayat karni hai tujhse

Teri hi shikayat karni hai tujhse.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

"How can you guys be this irresponsible?" Qirat shouted at her two subordinates. "How can you put the wrong pricing?"

"Qirat, relax. The mistake is just in a few sheets. We'll correct it." First employee spoke.

"Yes, but it is going to affect all the other sheets attached to it. The mistake is going to be significant and the bosses are going to notice it." Qirat reasoned.

"We'll correct it by tomorrow." The second one promised.

"No, not tomorrow." Qirat said, "I need this corrected today. I don't care how long you have to stay back, but you're not leaving without doing this."

Qirat passed her message loud and clear and left, leaving behind the two employees frustrated and angry.

Later that day, she felt a little terrible for shouting at them. But they also needed to realise that they couldn't be this careless while working. Their carelessness could result in huge losses for the company.

The other employees started to leave after six in the evening. It was Friday and everyone was excited for the weekend. Eventually the whole office was empty except for the two employees, whom she had scolded, and herself.

"You can leave Qirat. We'll complete this." They told her.

"No, that's fine." She sat with them and helped them.

She was a strict boss and got on her subordinates' nerves , but she never left them alone to deal with things. So even if it was not her mistake, as a leader she felt it was her responsibility to help them correct it.

It was a little late than ten when she reached home. And to her surprise, she found Zaroon lying on the couch in the living room.

"Why are you lying here?" She asked.

He looked at his wife and got up with a smile. "I was waiting for you to come home."

"Aww," She kissed his cheek. "I'm sorry I got late. It was actually.."

"You don't have to explain. It happens sometimes. Now go, change and come down. I'll heat the food for you."

She felt blessed to have such a loving husband, who understood and supported her work and her independence.

They sat down to eat together since he had not eaten as well. Because the next day was Saturday and none of them had to work, they decided to watch a movie together. They went to the theatre room. It was Qirat's turn to choose the movie and she picked out The Last Letter from Your Lover.

"Yet another cliche romance!" Zaroon commented.

Qirat rolled her eyes. "At least it is better than one of your crime movies in which you guess the murderer in the first few minutes and leave nothing to suspense."

"You should be proud about how smart your husband is." He smugged.

She poked her tongue out at him, and he shook his head at her childishness.

"I pray to God that our kids get my brains. Otherwise I've no idea how I'd raise another kid with your attitude." He teased her.

"Excuse me, what do you mean by another kid? You think I'm a baby whom you've to raise?" She glared at him.

"Of course, you're a baby. My baby." He cooed at her and pulled her cheeks.

She slapped his hands away, but before she could shout, he swallowed her words. The kiss was so soft yet so passionate that she felt butterflies in her stomach.

"That was so good." She whispered on top of his lips.

He smirked. They cuddled together and played the movie. As the opening credits were rolling, she looked at him. "Zar?"

"Hmm."

"I will also pray to God that our kids are an exact photocopy of yours."

He smiled at her. "I know! I'm too good."

She gasped at his cockiness and slapped his chest. They burst out laughing and spent the night in each other's embrace.

_______________

The next day, Parishay and Mahad had to visit a friend's house. Since Qirat and Zaroon were alone, they decided to go shopping. To Sarojini Nagar. She loved that place so much that over the years, he had also grown comfortable with that flea market.

Now she just had to select clothes, the bargaining was done by him, because obviously he was better at that. They spent the afternoon buying clothes. In the dinner, Mehr, Arsalaan, Eshal and Ayaan were supposed to come to the haveli.

So they went back home in the evening and Qirat busied herself with the preparations of the dinner.

Qirat and Eshal had grown very close over the years. In fact, Qirat and Adab were close as well, but they met very less because of the distance. Since Eshal and Ayaan couldn't have kids, last year they had decided to adopt. The procedure and paperwork was a long process, so they still hadn't gotten their child, but everyone was excited for it.

The menu for the supper was mutton kebabs, chicken afghani, rumali roti, hyderabadi biryani, raita, salad and moong ka halwa.

"Adab called in the morning. Arhaam said his first word today." Eshal told Qirat.

"Really? What did he say, mumma?" Qirat excitedly asked.

Eshal nodded.

Qirat smiled and imagined the day whenever someone would call her mumma.

Ugh, she wanted to get pregnant so badly!

________________

Two months later, Qirat woke up and felt nauseous. When Zaroon came back from the gym, he found his wife throwing up in the washroom. He rushed to her. "Are you okay?"

"Of course not! This is the third time I'm throwing up since this morning. How the fuck can I be okay?" She snapped.

He was taken aback at her outburst but said nothing. He helped her to wash her face. After she calmed down a bit, he asked, "You haven't eaten any junk. Then do you think..?"

Qirat looked at him. "I'm two weeks late."

They both smiled before he grabbed his phone. "I'll book an appointment with the gynac."

As he did that, she looked in the mirror and placed her palm on her belly. It was happening.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

I am so happy for my babies. ❤❤

The story is coming to an end. Are you guys ready to say goodbye to them?

Please vote.