FOURTEEN

Likhna hai mujhe bhi kuch gehra sa, Jise koi bhi padhe, samajh bass tum sako

Jise koi bhi padhe, samajh bass tum sako.

▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️▫️

Naila Hashmi entered her home after attending Adab and Mirhaan's wedding and found her daughter, Qirat, sitting on the couch. She was having her dinner while watching a show on the television.

"How was the wedding?" Qirat asked her mother.

"Wonderful. You should have come." Naila said, taking a seat beside Qirat.

"I would've if I didn't have that meeting." Qirat spoke while taking a bite of her dal chawal.

"Where are Armaan and Shiza?" Naila asked.

"Bhabhi was not feeling well, so they went to bed early." Qirat informed her.

"By the way," Naila said, "I saw a guy today at the wedding."

This made Qirat roll her eyes. "Not again, mom. When will you stop looking for boys for me?"

"The day you'll say yes to a guy and marry him." Naila retorted back. "You're 24, it is your age to get married. I can die peacefully knowing you're settled."

Qirat glared at Naila. "Why do you always have to talk about dying? You're too young to think stuff like this."

But Naila paid no attention to her. "His name is Zaroon Hussain. He was the bride's cousin. He comes from a nice, reputed family, financially sound and really, really good looking."

"Mmm hmm," Qirat casually nodded while finishing up her food.

"You've heard of Hussain Enterprises, right? He's the CEO."

"That's nice for him." Qirat said and stood up. She went to the kitchen and started washing the plate.

"Just check him out once on social media, and if you like him, there is no problem in approaching them."

"Maa, I am not sure." Qirat started, but Naila cut her off.

"Please, for me." Naila said.

"Fine."

After saying goodnight to Naila, Qirat came to her bedroom and settled inside the bed. Then she took her phone and opened Instagram and searched 'Zaroon Hussain'.

The first result that came up was the one she was looking for. The profile had nearly two million followers, and a blue tick. She opened his latest post. It was a photoshoot for a business magazine. He was dressed in black pants, white shirt and black waistcoat. With his sleeves rolled up till elbows, he was leaning on a white pillar. His body language oozed confidence, and Qirat would be lying if she said she didn't find that sexy.