12

From K:
Hey, good morning.
You’ll go to the coffee shop today, Sy?

Kylo’s text messages woke me up. Kanina pang-6 AM ‘yung message niya at kakagising ko lang. It’s already 10 AM, shet.

I woke up late because I studied until 5AM, sa totoo lang kulang pa ang tulog ko. Nag aral ako hanggang umaga dahil hindi ako nakatulog sa pinagsasabi ni Kylo sa call kagabi. Nabulunan na ako halos pagkatapos niyang sabihin na tuturuan niya akong lumandi.

I replied saying, “I just woke up, Ky. I’ll go maybe later 2 PM. Why ba?”

I took a shower after sending my reply and get dressed. I just wore high-waited maong shorts, I tucked in my white statement shirt that says, “Pretty”.

Hindi muna ako nagsapatos dahil kakain pa naman ako. I opened the fridge and look for something to heat and eat. I saw the carbonara that Dana cooked last day. I almost forgot her existence that day, nandito pala siya nu’n? 

I re-heat the carbonara on the microwave, and transferred it to a smaller bowl. I swirl the fork on the pasta and taste the carbonara. Ayoko pa sana baka mamamatay ako sa luto ni Dana, emz.

Napatango naman ako matapos matikman. Okay naman, mukhang walang lason.

My phone beep, sign that someone messaged. And it was Kylo.

From K:
Oh, okay. See you.

He’s really trying me, huh. I just shrugged my shoulders off.

To K:
See you.

Tinapos ko ang pagkain ng carbonara ni Dana bago hugasan ‘yun. After washing the dishes I used, nagsapatos na ako.

I reached my tote bag and checked if my books are there, also the highlighters and ballpens. When I got satisfied lumabas na ako ng unit.

‘Di ko na dadalhin sasakyan ko, maglalakad nalang ako. P’wede namang lakarin hanggang sa coffee shop kaso lintek ang init. Sana ‘di masyado mainit ngayong araw. Please Lord, bigay mo sa ‘kin ‘to.

I locked my unit and rode the elevator to the ground floor.

I was checking my tote bag if I really got all my things including my wallet, if there’s some cash. My phone.. my books.. pens.. highlighters.. coupon bonds for scratch.  Uhm.. okay wala namang naiwan.

The moment I turned my head up, I almost slipped my feet when I saw.. I saw Kylo waiting outside the building. Damn it! I just remembered that he knew where I live, huh.

He’s leaning on his car, at the shotgun’s door. His two hands inside the pockets of his black cargo shorts. His wearing his usual plain white tee shirt. Then white shoes.

Oh.. he’s  wearing a cap. A black cap. It was my first time that I saw him wearing a black cap. He.. he looks nice. And neat.

I just shock my head and walked closer to him. His playing with his shoes, kicking a rock, kaya hindi niya ako napapansin.

“Hey,” I spoke that made him look up to me.

He stood straight when he saw me. He immediately smiled. His eyes travelled down to my shirt, and his smile widen after reading what it states.

“Pretty,” then he met my eyes again without breaking his smiles. 

My lips rose up, “Yes. And you didn’t tell me that you’ll pick me up today.” I raised my brows at him.

He chuckled and scratched his nape, shyly. “Sorry.. I just thought that we could go to the coffee shop together.”

“Is this part of the flirting, Kylo?” I teased him, smirking a bit.