40

TW: Mention of death, rape, physical Assault & molestation. These topics might trigger something in you, please read at your own risk.

The supreme court we have here in the Philippines don't use Jury to decide for the verdict. But in this story, I used Jury. Wala, gusto ko lang. Also, I don't have that much time to study the laws, law terms, and everything so please bare with what I only know that I included in this court trial. And besides this is just a fiction, stick with it. If I ever wrote something wrong regarding laws and such, feel free to correct anything. Anyway, enjoy.

***

Hinahangin ang buhok ko habang naglalakad palapit sa kaniya. Ilang buwan na rin yata nula nang huli ko siyang dalawin dito. Busy rin kasi sa lahat. Ang dami ring nangyari kaya hirap akong humanap ng oras para puntahan siya rito.

I knelt down on the grass, and looked at the tomb. I wiped it and removed some few leaves that were scattered on the tomb. I put the bouquet I bought at the side of it. I also lit the candle up and placed it just beside the bouquet.

It's been long time since He took the greatest person I knew from us, but I'm still not used to read this name craved in a tomb.

I traced the letter's name with my fingers.

"I badly missed you..." I whispered while looking at the tomb. "If ever it's possible to take you back, I'll do everything for it."

Namalayan ko na lang na umiiyak na naman ako sa harap niya. Dito. Dito na naman ako umiiyak.

"Tati is growing... I want her to meet and get the love you filled me when I was young. I want her to learn the things you taught me. But sadly, she won't be able to experience to be your mother."

"My biological Dad is amazing... he was with me all the time. He never leave my side, and he was there for me. Bumabawi siya sa akin."

I kept talking, as if she can hear me from above.

"While... Kylo's also here."

I watched him as he stood straight at the podium, representing our case with no mercy. Full of bravery and confident, and after everything we will get the justice we deserve. After all, we deserve the peace.

He fixed his glasses, that suits him. It made him look even mature and professional.

"Your Honor, members of the jury, my name is Attorney Hedrick Kylo Heredia, I and my co-prosecutor, Attorney Red Javier Gomez are representing the offended party, Ms. Helena San Ruel and her daughter... Ms. Bella Natalia Sybal Macaraeg in this case." He glanced at me who is sitting at left corner of the court room. I was just watching him, standing there, representing us- and himself in the court.

"We intend to prove that Jayce Angelo Cañarez together with his accomplice Mr. Freddie Reyes committed several crimes. They kidnapped the 3-year old daughter of Mr. Macaraeg. Used illegal firearms, and caused mild injuries for shooting. On the other hand, charges for Mr. Reyes, we have R.A 9262 the Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act of 2004 that states several acts of violence, which Mr. Reyes violated, such as, physical violence for physically harming his live in partner. Sexual violence, for sexually harassing his youngest daughter and for several times raping his oldest."

Stating those charges makes me want to puke my lungs out. Reyes- my biological mother's ex partner has been done severe effect on them. Most especially, to his daughters. Adik ba siya? Yes, we conducted a drug test, and he turns to be positive.

"We are here to prove that Mr. Jayce Angelo Cañarez, with his accomplice Mr. Freddie Reyes are guilty with these charges. Thank you."

Kylo fixed his coat before going down the podium and seating in their seats in front of us. Nasa likod lang kami, katabi ko si Nanay.