27

"Anak... 'di ba we already talked about this na? A lot of times already, Tatiana." I softly said trying to make my patience longer.

She answered me with a loud cry. She's having a tantrums early in the morning. I was about to go to work when she suddenly woke up and ran to me who's about to open the bedroom's door.

Now, I was trying to convince her again that I will just go to work for the both of us.

I wiped her tears and caressed her cheeks. I usually let her cry when she's having her tantrums, hindi talaga siya tumitigil hangga't hindi nakukuha ang gusto niya. Kaya I trained her that she can't get what she wants if it's not necessary. So I let her cry over the things I can't give to her, minsan nakakapaguran nalang niya ang pag iyak. Kung hindi makakatulugan, maya-maya ay pupunta na siya sa akin at yayakapin ako... saying her sorry.

But now is kind of different. Ngayon na lang siya ulit umiyak sa pagpasok ko sa trabaho maliban sa unang beses ko siyang iwan nang mag-isang taon siya. Sa paglaki niya sinubukan kong ipaintindi sa kaniya na kailangan kong magtrabaho, para sa aming dalawa. Dahil kung hindi? Sino ang gagawan nu'n?

She clung on my neck, obviously doesn't want me to go.

"Mommy will work, Tati. I won't be able to give you food and toys if Mommy won't work, sige ka." I tried to reason out in the most simplest words, so she could understand it.

She shook her head, disagree, "No!" and continued sobbing on my neck.

I closed my eyes tightly, "Please, 'nak. Late na 'ko."

Hindi pa rin 'yon gumana sa kaniya. I called Dana to seek for help and she immediately responded. She went to our unit with ice creams with her.

I sighed with relief when Tati got distracted with what Dana brought.

"You should go na." She said.

"Yes. Thank you so much, I owe you a lot, bae. Love you." I gave her a peak on her cheeks before leaving the unit without looking at Tati.

Nalulungkot din ako kapag iniiwan siya para magtrabaho. But I couldn't do anything about it. I need to. For the both of us.

* * *

"Morning, Sy." Jayce greeted me on my way up to the lab. He was going up to, holding a brown envelop. We rode the same elevator.

"Morning, Jayce. Result 'yan?" I pointed at the envelop.

He looked at it too, "Yeah. Pinasuyo ni Doc kung p'wede raw ako mismo maghatid sa kaniya." He shook his head.

While I chuckled, "Crush ka talaga ni Doc." I teased.

"Nah... she's older."

"Ano naman!" I laughed and bump his arm with my elbow. "Dalawang taon lang naman, oa nito." Natatawa pa ring sabi ko.

"Hindi ko type 'yon, and besides I like you, right?"

Nagitla ako sa sinabi niyang 'yun kaya napatingin nalang ako sa kaniya na para bang tinatanong siya kung hanggang ngayon pinag-t-trip-an pa rin niya ko.

"Gagi ka talaga." I awkwardly laughed.

"Why, Sy? Hindi ka pa rin talaga naniniwala? Payagan mo na kasi ako manligaw para mas mapatunayan ko sa 'yo."

"Are you joking, Jayce? Hindi ka nakakatuwa." Tiningnan ko siya.

He just chuckled, "I'm not joking, Sy. I'm serious when I say I like you, and I will court you."

I shook my head, "Stop your shits, Jayce." The elevator opened and I went out quickly.

I even heard Jayce called me, but he didn't followed me either dahil sa susunod na floor pa siguro siya, sa office ni Doc Pat.