Chapter 1

From my room, I heard my mom talking to my dad about a certain issue that I wasn't interested in. For sure, it was about politics since the presidential election is coming. I'm already in the legal age but still have no plan to vote in this upcoming election. Just not my thing. I heard my brother, Eros, hopping into their conversation, which both made them a little insulted of him. "Eros! This is an adult-talk!" Dad lectured.

I heard his footsteps as he climbed upstairs and went to his room. For no reason, I pretended I heard nothing, and that I didn't listen to their conversation. I turned my phone on to check the time. It was eight in the evening already. This means that dinner is coming.

As I predicted, I heard my dad yelling to call us. "Okay, you can come down here now, Eros. And you too Britney. Dinner is ready. " I put my hairbrush down and inserted my phone in my pocket as I closed my room, closing the chance for Eros to come inside it. He always sneaks into my room, knowing I hide lots of secrets.

Good thing I am a good secret keeper that he can't find a speck of single dirt in me. But I still try to be as careful as I can so he will find nothing in me. "Coming, dad" I mentioned as I made my way down our stairs. I faced both of them. With smiles on their faces, they sat on their chairs.

"Take your seats" dad instructed as I and Eros sat on our usual spots. Mom and dad at the sides, me and Eros together, while two empty and free spaces lie in front of us. Visitor seats. "How's everyone's day going?" Mom started the conversation while tearing her meat apart.

I looked up at her and stopped eating first. Didn't know what to say. I am not sure how my day went today. A little confused if I should be happy that our school's team won the game today or I should be sad because Peter's team lost. But before I even said a word,  my attention seeker brother answered first. "Good mom! Won the game today"

I didn't watch him compete because I was busy supporting Peter. Eros is also a player. Not in basketball but he is a baseball player. Honestly, the one everyone else admires. He has always been popular in school, not just because he's an athlete, but to consider his green eyes, white skin, and dark brown messy hair that every girl on our campus admires.

And me, I am the opposite of him. I am not that popular but still have a bunch of true friends like Charlie, Peter, and Shane who have always been there for me. All that I can do is study and be at the top of my class. Not to deny that Eros is also good in school but luckily, he's a senior and 2 years older than me. So I don't have to compete with him.

"What about you, Britney? How was your day?" Dad asked me with his mouth full of food. My day is fine but not that. "Oh, umm, my day? Just a normal one" Eros teasingly looked at me with his usual devil face. The teasing one has always been there saying that he knows something about me. "Are you sure you're okay that Peter's team lost in the game today?" That's why I hate being in the same school as him. He is a total jerk. I rolled my eyes and just ate. Didn't give him a single word.

I sighed, mom noticed it. She didn't hesitate to ask me, "what's wrong honey?" She used to call me that. Honey. I like it. Sweet and feminist at the same time. "Nothing mom" then I gave another fake smile. Stupid. Truth is that I am not okay. Because I can imagine right now what Peter's dad is doing to him. Back in high school, when he loses in basketball matchups in sports fests, his dad hits him.

And I can't imagine him being hit by his dad. When all he wanted was just to enjoy his college life like all the other teenagers. Eros laughed at me as I rolled my eyes again. Even he doesn't know what happens to Peter. I, Charlie, and Shane are the only ones who know that.

"Umm, mom, dad, the girls are staying over for the night" I gulped after saying that.

"You mean Charlie and Shane? Sure!" He answered gracefully while still eating.

"Yeah, and Peter is also coming-" he didn't even let me finish.

"No boys allowed for the night. Only you and the girls." He pronounced seriously.

"But dad-" and he didn't let me finish again.

"Okay, but he would sleep in Eros' room" Eros looked at us, who were out of the conversation.

"What? No!" He defended. On the other side, he's good.

"Never mind" I sobbed. But unlike what I expected, he didn't pay attention to my disappointment. He just kept on eating. I am Britney Dean. People can say no but I find my ways. I smile devilishly under the sobs. "Don't tell me you have a rebellious thing in your mind, Britney!" I was startled by his cold voice. I immediately looked at dad to deny it.

But of course, I gulped first. I was sort of a coward. "Dad, of course not! I am not as rebellious as Eros" I tried to lean and switch the topic on him but like what I expected, he defended himself. "What the? Who's rebellious?" Then he slightly pushed my head towards the table. "See!" I stated with a smile as I rolled my eyes as him but he just continued eating.

This girl is a fan of meat. Without even chewing the meats, I swallowed them immediately. Water saves my life. This is going to be a great, great, great night! I thought while eating. This would be so good!

Author's Note:

🤧😭🤧😭🤧 I'm currently having writer's block. Hype me up please! I'm feeling so unergetic and unproductive...

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!