Chapter 51

I rushed to the door as I caught auntie Edna and uncle Jesse's eyes on me. They both stood up when they saw me staring at them. "What happened?" Asked auntie Edna. I gulped before saying a word because I was nervous. "I broke his car... I didn't mean it... I really didn't mean it... it was an accident," sweat began pouring down my face. Funny how I thought it was hot inside our freezing house, centralized with an air-conditioner.

"It's okay... don't panic, Brit..." I saw the concernedness in uncle Jesse's eyes. I wanted to stop panicking, but knowing that I made Nate mad and at the same time, I made him cry, hurt his feelings, and now he just walked past me, then got into the room. "We'll take care of it," he tapped my shoulders, but I know Nate is mad at me and the only thing I can do is to apologize, even if it is probably the last thing he wants me to do.

I found mom and dad staring at me too. "No, it's okay. You guys did nothing about this," I scampered through the stairs, which I already memorized after running here so many times before. He left the door open. I wanted to just rush inside but my heart stopped me to. I froze and watched him sit on the other bed and look down at the ground. His tears flooded the floor, but he wipes them away, though it wasn't enough to stop himself.

What is it in that car that he's crying about when his family is rich and can buy a brand new one for him? I really don't know. I never thought that Nathan Maddox could be this sad, could cry, and sob. But right now, he's doing the unexpected. My heart broke the moment that I realized what I have done.

He always bullied me, always picked on me, and always annoyed, embarrassed, or even make me cry. But he's just a human too. Like me, he gets happy, he gets sad, he gets mad, and he can be nice underneath his nasty attitude. My palm met the door, because of the force, it squeaked, making him look at me.

His face showed how much he didn't want me to see him cry. He immediately looked at the ground again and ignored me. My mind is saying: no, you shouldn't go inside but my heart said the opposite: just go and apologize and I didn't know what to do.

Before I can even think of it, my feet automatically stepped closer to him as I sat beside him. I knew it! My heart has always been a traitor. I know I should have just stayed away from him, now I feel more nervous than before. "Nate..." I tried to touch him but even if he wasn't looking at me, he was able to avoid me.

I want to shout at him that I'm sorry. But I do not know-how. I can't put into words what I want to say for I know that he would just ignore me and I don't want that to happen. "I didn't want this to happen either, and I'm sorry..." darn it Brit! What was that?

"You don't understand!" His voice was aggressive enough to wake me and make me realize that sorry is not enough. Should I buy a new car for him? I don't even have a single knowledge about brands of cars. "Please tell me what you want to and I'll listen," that's the last thing I wanted to say but the first thing my mouth did.

He looked at me with lines drawn on his forehead and smoke coming out of his nose.

"I worked my butt off for that car you just broke!" He stood up. "You don't know that I almost died for the money I used to buy it! I did my very best every single day to earn money! That car symbolizes all my effort, my hard work, and sacrifices. It's like you just broke and crunched the efforts I made, Brit! It's not about the car, but it's about how that came out..." he stood up. The mad smoke turned into sad tears. Like how a pupa turned into a butterfly. Now I understand why he's crying over that car.

I was stupid. Stupider than him. In the first place, I really shouldn't have agreed then when uncle Jesse said that Nate would teach me how to drive and he would even use his car. Now I'm here trying to say sorry to the one I don't want to and he's crying in front of me when I know he doesn't want to either.

I stood up too and took his hand, "look, I'm really sorry... I didn't know-" he cut my statement by saying: "To shut up is the best thing you can do! Stay away from me..." I was hurt more than I should have been.

Stay away from me.

Stay away from me.

Stay away from me.

Stay away from me.

The moment he said that it began playing over and over in my head like a broken vinyl. It shouldn't have but a teardrop fell from my eye as it cleansed the dirt on my face. I don't know why I was hurt by what he said. All I know is that I was angry with him then and he was also angry with me. We used to be enemies but why am I hurt now that he wants me to stay away from him? Why? Is it because I want to come and stay next to him? Or because I'm just not really used to this?

By the time I wiped my face, he looked at me straight into my eyes as if now, he was the one who did something wrong to me. It was evident how he wanted to wipe my face when another teardrop fell because I saw his hands attempting to move but we both heard a familiar voice behind me which made us stop. "Nate, can we talk?" I looked back and found my uncle, Jesse.

Author's Note:

WOW! Can't believe you've reached it this far! Welcome to Nate's soft boy era!!! We reached the 51st chapter with all your support so thank you so much! Please keep all those votes, comments, and shares coming!! It keeps me motivated. I have the final outline and there are only 12 or 13 chapters left so stay tuned!!! (I'm actually not sure because I think this still might change) nevertheless, what do you think Nate and his dad would talk about? Comment it down there, please!!!

Love you all so much!!!

>33333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!