Chapter 60

I've been sitting here alone in my room for a half-hour already. Nate left earlier, but I don't know where he went. He didn't tell me or even just gave me a clue about it. But that's okay because I know he won't do such things that are far from my imagination. Not anymore.

The wind was blowing my hair and making the curtains fly. My mind flew over the room as I fantasized about my future. The thing I always do when I'm alone. Mostly before going to sleep, but I'm doing it right now because I'm just bored. Left with nothing else to do. I don't want to open my phone and be stuck in there for the whole day. I want to spend my day in a way that I won't regret in the future.

Just as I was trying to, my phone beeped. Grate! Instagram is really trying its best to make me one of its prisoners. I grabbed my phone from the shelf beside my bed and turned it on. I pressed my pillow harder to my chest. The chilly breeze coming out of the window is freezing, but I like it.

Notification of a new post from Ariana Grande ruined my fantasizing moment. I rolled my eyes and placed it back on the shelf. Out of the silence, I heard a car beep several times. At first, I ignored it. Nonetheless, I couldn't help but narrow through the window.

I looked down but I see no car. Must be a prank. When I was about to get back to my bed, I heard it beeping again. I rolled my eyes and rushed down the stairs. Whoever it is, I wish they know that they are ruining my current mood. I opened the door and walked a few steps down to the road and I suddenly froze when I saw a black Montero Sportscar in front of me. Which was already as expensive-looking as me. My eyes became wide open when I saw them. And I was too stunned to speak.

Montero Sport might not have the best design but I know how expensive it is because I once checked it online on some shopping platforms. The question is, whose car is this? I crossed my arms and walked towards it but I stopped when I saw Nate coming out of it.

No way!!!

My eyes grew, even more, bigger than before and my jaw dropped at the thought. "You like it?" He smiled at me. If the car is expensive, then his smile is none-affordable. I couldn't speak because my whole attention and thoughts were pointed at the price of it.

Don't tell me that he went on fights again just to buy this. Probably he did. He won't make a loan or get a credit card for this. I know him. He has pride that no one can underestimate.

"Yeah... it looks pretty expensive," ah! Finally, I was able to speak. Didn't think I can still do it.

His smile grew bigger than my eyes. "You want to take a ride?" No thanks. I'm the reason why he bought this new car. Before my mind can respond, my mouth was an early bird to speak too soon. "Yeah, sure." I nodded and smile. NO! What did I say?

"As long as you would drive," I awkwardly added. He giggled so hard that I wanted to take back what I said. "We might end up in prison or in hospital for that," he couldn't stop giggling at his own joke. I didn't find that funny but still, I faked my laughter.

He began rubbing my back. "No need to fake your laughter, babe... go get ready, we're going somewhere," babe. My cousin just called me babe. I'm supposed to get disgusted but I'm not. And I actually like it right now. Babe.

Without saying a word, I ran to my room with his voice playing in my head with the word babe. Funny how fast the night changes. Everything that you couldn't even imagine happened in just a slap. Things that you thought were impossible became the ones that you're living your life with.

The man you hate became your lover. Your cousin became your lover. Your hate turned into love. and your pain turned into happiness. I almost fell from the stairs but I ignored the pain I got when I stumbled. Doesn't hurt much more than when I stumbled there when I was seven.

I rushed to my closet and tried to choose the best dress. But I realized I don't have that best dress. So I ended up looking for a hoodie and a pair of jeans instead. Nah. Hoodies are stained and jeans are ripped. I don't want to wear ripped jeans on our first date. I also don't want to wear stained hoodies.

My weird mind came up with another weird idea. I ran to Nate's closet and browsed through his clothes. The scent of them could almost make me fall asleep. I feel like I'm in a fairy tale because of the smell of his stuff. They smell like him. Masculine sweet stylish.

I smiled after finding a blue oversized hoodie with a noodle doodle. I wore it then picked one of his jeans. But none of them fit me so I had no choice but to get stick with my own jeans. The ripped ones are good but I don't look like a girl in these.

When I returned to him, I found him laughing and chuckling instead of being mad or frustrated that I wore his hoodie. "Are those my clothes?" He asked, couldn't hide the laughter though he was trying to.

"Umm, yeah. Just thought I can wear your hoodies," I awkwardly smiled in front of the dying Nate bursting into laughter.

I don't care if he's laughing at me. The more he giggles, the more I feel his sweetness which I've never felt before. "You look good on them," wearing his hoodie plus getting a compliment from him. That's the best gift I could ever wish for. I even brought his smell with this.

"Thanks," his laughter was replaced with a gentle smile when I thanked him. I wish he's always this vulnerable and kind.

Author's Note:

Y'all! Nate has a new car! I really know nothing about Montero Sportscars. I don't know their price and I'm feeling too weak to do some research hahaha. But they really look expensive. I can tell because our neighbor has that and always parks it in front of our house. Well, we live in an apartment though LOL.

Please vote so you can get 50% off on a real-life Nate Maddox purchase on Amazon!

No vote, no babe.

Love you all so much!!!

>3333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!