Chapter 61

As we passed by unfamiliar houses, I relaxed with the mellow song running around. I never knew that he has this type of taste when it comes to songs. From time to time, I couldn't help but narrow at him. And every time I do, he smirks at me like he knows what I'm thinking of.

"Where are you taking me? Don't say that you're kidnapping me!" He laughed and shook his head, but kept his wide eyes on the road. He's really an excellent driver. The ride was peaceful, far from my expectations. Maybe now that we're a couple, we won't fight anymore.

Wait, are we really a couple now?

Or maybe I just think we are because I am stupid?

But he said he loves me and I told him that too. So technically, we have a label. Neither one of us is too shy to confirm it. I leaned in the back of my seat and stared at the mirror above me. I checked what I look like. Now I know how pretty I am with his hoodies. I should have worn one of his caps and perfume, too. "You enjoy wearing my hoodie?" He joked, and I crossed my arms but was still smiling.

"Yeah," I spoke and nodded. "They smell good and they're so comfortable to wear,"

"Is that so? Well, I now give you the permission to go through my clothes," he winked and smiled at the same time. If he has been this nice to me from the start, then maybe we didn't have to take things too hard. Or maybe we didn't have to fall in love.

If he has been as nice as he is right now on the first day we met, then probably, we're not in love. just acquaintances. But I don't know. No one does. Because he's the type of person that everyone could fall for. And far from my views, I became one of the girls who fell from him. but unlike them, I got him. Maybe he's the one who fell from me first.

The moment that the car stopped, I knew we were at our destination so I stood and sat properly. I scanned the place in front of us.

The prodigious Eifel Tower.

I smiled at it, and when I looked behind me, I found him giggling in happiness while watching me. "Why are we here?" I asked. As a resident here in France, even if I live in Paris, I don't get to be here in the Eifel Tower as often as the other people. I can but I don't want to. Because I only want to go here when I have someone to be romancing with. And now I do.

"Because you want to," he leaned towards me.

"What? H-how. Did. You. Know?" I was speechless. Because I have never told anyone how much I want to go here with someone but myself.

He laughed first and looked down then looked back at me. Darn! That look is very attractive. He knows my weakness. And we're done.

"Sorry to say this but when I... umm, when I... when I was... you know, back then? When I scattered the pages of your journal? Well, to be honest, please don't be mad but I read the pages first and I have read that you want to be here with your future boyfriend. So I took you here for our first date as couples, perhaps if we are..." he awkwardly giggled. I should be mad that he read my journals and that he reminded the stupid memory again but I'm not. I'm actually happy and grateful that he chose to bring me here and consider what I like for our first date. I know that this is definitely not his thing but he still chose what I like rather than go with what he likes.

Now that's what we call the unpredictable Nate. I just laughed and watched him stare at me.

His honey eyes were locked on mine. Suddenly, the mellow music began playing slower than it actually does. Then, time stopped when he leaned forward. I wanted to get out but I couldn't do anything anymore now that we want the same thing. I leaned forward as well, close enough to feel his warm and minty breath. My fur started to rise and my adrenaline began rushing. My nerves were dancing and my heart was hopping while my mind was sleeping. Perfect timing of their interaction.

But, my brain woke up at the worst moment. When we were about to kiss, just three inches apart and were so close to each other. "Umm, aren't we getting out yet?" I asked, making him laugh and feel the awkwardness inside the car. Everything went back to normal.

"Yeah, sure..." he opened the door of his car and run to my side. Just when I was about to open it, I found him opening it for me. Wow. Did you see that? Nate opened the door for me. I could still hear him when he said you wish! After I asked him to open the door of his car for me, a few weeks ago. Now he opened it for me and let me get out with the help of his chilly hands. Darn! He is nervous!

I smiled the moment that we entered the elevator. The door shut and I was trying to ignore the fact that it was only him and I. I looked at him but when he looked at me, I looked away while we both laughed. Then after a second, he looked at me and when I looked at him, he looked away then we both laughed again. Hating game no more. Say hello to the awkwardly staring game!

As the elevator moved, I could feel the energy and the coldness inside. I could freshly feel how we were being lifted up. But, electricity hit me the moment that his cold and sweaty hands met mine. The coldness was replaced with warmth. I laughed when I found our hands cutely wrapped together. My eyes met him and we smiled at each other. This is not the Nathan Maddox I met, but this is totally the Nathan Maddox I wished for.

Author's Note:

Now that was corny and predictable. Yeah, it was cliché because both Nate and Britney are being simps for each other. Nah, I didn't let them kiss.

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!