Chapter 11

Left with no choice, I slammed the door to express how frustrated I was. Seriously? Nathan Maddox, the bad boy on the whole campus, would be in one room with me? If it's just for an hour or a day, that would be okay, but the problem was that he would stay here for ten weekends. How is that okay?

I rolled my eyes. My day was already bad. I think I might kick out this guy if he tries to make it worse, like what he always does. "Why so mad, Brit?" He asked with a smirk, then winked at me. The idea of having your cousin flirting with you is much more disgusting than it sounds. "We are not friends, so don't call me Brit. Don't act like we're closed." I faked a smile as I grabbed the towel from my closet and made my way to the bathroom.

Hold on.

So this means that we're going to share the same bathroom? Darn, I wish he is a girl.

At least we aren't sharing the same bed.

Well, this just means that I can't bring Peter in here anymore now that he's here. Dad knows my secret anyway by now.

I turned the heater on and filled the bathtub with warm water. There is nothing more relaxing than a warm bath after a tiresome day. Though I want to relax, I think I just lost my energy and craved a bath like this. Instead of hopping in on the tub, I changed my mind. I sighed and drained it.

Tons of homework is waiting for me.

I took a short, fast shower to catch up with the time. I need to finish those home works in the shortest time so right now, I got to take a bath quickly.

No playing, no relaxing.

I grabbed the towel and wrapped it around my hair as I wiped my wet body while putting in my new clothes. Pajamas and sweaters. I'm always comfortable wearing these kinds of clothes, especially on nights like this one. It's not yet nighttime. Almost actually.

Seeing Nate on the other bed beside mine makes me uncomfortable in my own room. I guess my comfortable days here are over now that he's in here. I rolled my eyes. "Why do you always do that?" He asked calmly as if he cared. "Do what?" I asked back.

"That eye roll thing you always do when we look at each other," and again, I rolled my eyes.

"None of your business," I faked another smile.

"Tell me or you're screwed," and he even has the courage to threaten me in my room? This is my room and he's the one who's threatening me? Well, that's not fair.

Instead of telling him that, I ignored it. "I said it's none of your freaking business," I almost cussed. But I was able to control myself.

He laughed.

"Anything funny?"

"No, nothing. It's just that you always try hard to play cool when you really can't. For your information, I give free tutorials on how to be one," he smirked again.

Am I trying hard to be cool?

No, I am not.

Maybe I do.

"I'm not trying hard to play cool," I said calmly. Oh, so now I get what he means. I am acting cool.

"See, that's what I'm talking about," no, he shouldn't read my mind. Did he?

Instead of arguing more about it, I tried to ignore the fact that he was in my room. I began acting like he was a ghost. I went to my bed and grabbed my phone from my bag as I lay down. I set a fifteen-minute timer to let me know when I should start studying. For now, I just need to relax and later on, I would study and get all my home works and projects done.

All I saw on Instagram were pore-less faces, perfect bodies, and dream lives. TikTok was moving too slow and Facebook was full of scammers. Nothing else to do. I tapped the dialing app and dialed Peter's number. I know that he should be in a practice, or might be studying as well but I really need someone to talk to now that I don't feel okay.

I watched as Nate plugged his earphones on. Phew! He isn't going to insult me or annoy me right now. For the second try, Peter picked up. "Hey! What's up, Brit?" His too-good-to-be-true-angelic-energetic voice passed by my ears.

"Hey," I greeted unenergetically.

"You don't sound okay. What's the matter?" He can sense it and knows it when I am not okay.

"Nothing, I'm okay," I lied.

"No, I know you're not," he sounded like he was drinking water. That's when I noticed he was in practice. Thus, I heard voices from the background.

"Am I bothering you? Seems like you're in a practice," I began looking at my nails. One thing I do when I'm bored.

"No, when it comes to my best friend, I am always free," before I met Charlie and Shane, he was already my friend. We were friends since kindergarten. That's why I am so close to him.

"Well, today, it isn't too good," I sighed as I felt Nate's eyes on me.

God! This is making me feel nervous.

Why is he staring at me like that?

"Tell me about it," Peter said calmly.

"Umm, how do I start this? I got disqualified from the spelling bee team because of teasing a co-member and I didn't mean it. Then I also lost my wallet which has 300 dollars in it and now, the bad boy, A.K.A the enemy is here in my room. He's staying here for ten weekends. I don't need to mention his name, you know what I mean don't you?"

I heard his slight laugh over the phone.

"Yeah, you don't need to mention his name because I could sense it. So you call that a bad day? Today I lost my passport and driver's license," at least someone understands.

I laughed and he did the same thing.

"Okay, so your day is worst than mine," I laughed again. Finally, I am laughing. I knew in the first place that he could make me feel this way. No one else can make me feel as happy as I am right now except for Charlie and Shane. The three of them make me so much glad.

"I really want to talk to you more, but coach's head is now erupting so I think I got to go," he said lower than before.

"Okay, just go before his head turns to lava," I joked and we both giggled.

Author's Note:

The reason that I gave both Peter and Britney a bad day is because I am also having a bad day today.

I don't want to mention it anymore but, yeah this is not the original version of Chapter 11. I wrote it a week ago and when I checked it, I found out it didn't save. Probably even got deleted by itself. Sheesh!!!

I had no choice but to re-write this part.

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!