Chapter 29

When the car stopped, I fixed my seat and narrowed through the window, and saw the almost dark sky. It was nearly eight in the evening. Here in Paris, it doesn't get too dark at night unless it's 11 or 12 already. I held a three-dollar coin from my pocket and offered it to the driver, "keep the change," I smiled and opened the door. A big mansion blocked my sight. It has been two years since I last got here. Peter's dad rarely allows his friends in their house. He thinks we are just distractions in his career as a basketball player. But luckily, Peter is nice enough to have me as his friend and Charlie and Shane well, of course.

I found Peter's car in the parking lot. He barely uses it. I don't know why; he doesn't tell anyone either, but he enjoys commuting or walking rather than driving his car. Maybe he wants to drive an airplane instead. I pressed the doorbell switch and without even thirty seconds; I saw him coming out of the door in his uniform. It looks good on him. Everything looks wonderful on Peter, even old vintage clothes.

Not to mention that most girls in their school now and in our school in elementary before liked him a lot. But he doesn't entertain anyone. Maybe because Charlie is who he prefers. "Britney," he greets, then smiles. It made me smile too. He immediately opened the gate, and I watched him.

"Hey," I unenergetically responded and heavily sighed. He concernedly looked at me with sad eyes. He always tries his best to comfort me when I'm sad and I'm grateful for that. Men who care about girls are rare nowadays. Because most of them are like Nate who thinks that we, women are just nothing but trash. Gosh! Why am I even thinking of him again?

"Tell me, should I beat him up now?" He joked. Well, I don't think he can. He had built some muscles and abs already but I don't think those are enough to bet Nate who seems to don't give up easily even if he knows that he's wrong. And the fact that his old dad can still beat him bothered me.

"Maybe," I giggled and he grabbed my right arm and wrapped it around his. The warmth of his uniform makes me feel like I'm in an oven. Wait, it's not even hot.

It's the spark perhaps. As friends of course.

We walked through a paradise-like garden along to their house. They're only three in their family but their house is so big that twelve people can live here together. When we were kids, Charlie, Shane, and I used to go here to play with Peter. That happens every Saturday when we were nine or ten. But it stopped when we turned fourteen. That was when Peter's dad started being mean to us.

I always try my best to understand his situation. His dad is the most popular basketball player in the 90s. My mom and dad know him. But three years ago, he broke his right leg and couldn't play anymore. He's also old enough to retire those days. Months after he broke his leg, he started pushing Peter to play basketball. He tried and tried his best to always beat Nate in games but he couldn't. and it provokes his dad to hurt him, punch him and beat him.

And he doesn't speak up to others about his situation. We reached the sofa in their living room. "Wait for me here, okay?" He mentioned and I nodded then sat on the sofa. He motioned to the kitchen and I waited for him until he came back with a bowl of caramel popcorn. He still knows me well as how he did before. I love caramel popcorns so much. "I bet these would change your mood," he puts the big bowl on the small table in front of us. I smiled at him and he sat on the chair.

"So, what happened?" He concernedly asked.

I sighed first before grabbing a few pieces of popcorn and putting my feet on the sofa. He looked at me and wrapped his arms around me. I don't like getting too close to boys but I spent almost all the years of my life with Peter and yet, he's the only guy I feel comfortable getting close with. I leaned my head on his wide and broad shoulders.

"Well, it's Nate..." I began.

"What's with that punk?"

"I don't know how to start," he began rubbing my shoulders which I liked.

What I like more is the smell of his uniform. "Just tell me what you want to, I'm good at interpreting things. You know that" it wasn't a joke but it still made us both giggle.

"Well, it's umm... I kissed Nate," the act of being shocked was obvious in him when he immediately untangled himself from me. "Wait what? Did you kiss Nate? Are you serious?" He started panicking. I know he would, who would not?

"Yeah, and.... But... it... it was an accident you know..."

"How was it an accident?" Panicking was still obvious in his voice. "Well, Peter, it's just that we had to work on a project together. I hate him so much that I told him lots of things and then he kissed me just to stop me from talking too much," tears began falling from my eyes again.

I didn't want it. But they decided to fall by themselves without my permission.

"Are you serious? You mean he really kissed you?" Making me confused, he looked down at the floor and asked me like he cared more than I expected him to. I knew at first that he would care a lot but I didn't see this one coming. I didn't know he would care so much like this. What's with it? "Yeah, he did,"

He slowly shook his head as his eyes became shiny because of some tears trying to avoid falling.

Is he crying because Nate kissed me?

How did he got affected that much?

"Are you crying because Nate kissed me?" I asked though I didn't want to mention it.

Author's Note:

Comforting time!!! Peter is so nice...

I like Peter more than Nate. HAHAHA. Just kidding. I love them both of course! They're my characters...

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain! 

See you next time! Mwuah!