Chapter 10

This day was probably the worst day of my life. I lost my wallet earlier which was containing 300 dollars. I got disqualified from the spelling bee team of our school after I teased one of my teammates for misspelling the word miscellaneous. Very easy, so I don't know why he got it all wrong. And now I'm the one who's blamed for his stupidity as a result, here I am, disqualified.

Another thing, as usual, Tristan has been walking behind me, following me, and acting like my boyfriend. But I would rather get a dog instead. But good thing, Nate didn't show up in any class. He's absent today, so the school was peaceful because the bad boy wasn't there.

I immediately opened the door, but before I even did, I was stunned after I saw unfamiliar shoes in front of the house, on the mat. I frowned but ignored it because I thought they were owned by one of mom's visitors. Even if I was tired, I sighed and nodded. I placed them out of the way and set them aside. It's in my nature that when I see a mess, I didn't hesitate to clean them. Thus, I enjoy being organized.

Once I pulled on the door, my eyes caught two familiar people sitting on our red sofa. I smiled. It has been a while since I last saw them. "Auntie Edna, uncle Jess!" I greeted out loud as I saw mom and dad both in the kitchen. "Oh my god, Britney? Is that you? You're all grown up now!" Auntie Edna greeted me and walked towards me with her widely opened arms gesturing to hug me.

Without hesitating, I walked toward her and hugged her after she offered it to me. We were squeezing each other but at least we were able to breathe. Uncle Jess just smiled at me and didn't hug me as Auntie Edna did.

Ok, ok, ok...

Uncle Jess and Auntie Edna are here, which means...

No! It's not what I think it is.

I scanned the house as if it was my first time.

But Nate was not in sight. This just means, he isn't here.

It took me a minute to realize that they're here for what dad mentioned at dinner last night. For their business. I took a deep breath in relief after not seeing Nate. At least he isn't with his mom and dad. Different luggage was beside the sofa and some of their stuff was on the table like their passports and some candies.

"Since when have you been here?" I asked in confusion but stayed standing.

"Just a few hours ago. Well, our city isn't that far from here but I don't know why your dad still wanted me to live in your house when our house is close to the publishing house," I nodded as if I understood a single thing about what she said. But right now, I'm just so tired and all I want to do is rest.

"I got to get going now, I still have a lot of homework to be done," they both smiled and nodded. This is why I love them so much. They have a very nice attitude and are both so nice to me, unlike their son. But at least, he's not with them.

Until my jaw dropped to the floor once I opened the door of my room. My eyes widened and my heart started beating faster than before.

This should just be a dream.

"What are you doing here?" I screamed louder than I planned to.

What the heck is this? Nate Maddox in my room?

Crap!

Instead of standing up from the bed beside mine, or doing something to calm me down, he did nothing but watch me eye him with an open mouth while he was smirking at me. I frowned. "What the heck are you doing here in my room?" Lines appeared on my forehead once more while smoke got out of my nose and my face slightly turned red.

Dad came rushing, running, on our staircase. If there were no handles, he could have stumbled. "Oh, umm, honey, please calm down," I even forgot that his mom and dad are here with him.

"Dad, are you kidding me? Calm down? There's a guy in my room!" He just watched us like nothing was happening.

"Remember what I told you last night? He and his family need somewhere to stay at because of business purposes. So please just be patient for now. It would only be for ten weekends." I rolled my eyes.

"But dad why does he have to be in my room? We have a visitor's room," he sighed.

"It's occupied by his mom and dad,"

"What about Eros' room?" I panicked.

"It's occupied by their dogs," I frowned harder.

"Well, I would rather stay with the dogs." He didn't respond to my statement instead, he just gave me a please understand it look. I could tell because I know him well.

I rolled my eyes again and had no choice. This is going to be worse than hell.

My day was already bad. Nate would just make it worst. Him and I together in one room?

"But dad, you don't even let Peter in my room, now you're going to let this stranger sleep with me for ten weekends?" I fixed my backpack on my shoulders.

"Peter is a different issue. Nate is not a stranger, he's your cousin. Thus, don't get me wrong, I know your secrets, Brit. Last Friday, you and Peter slept together in one bed. I know that even if I don't allow it, you still let him in your room so, just let Nate here,"

I am more surprised that he is going to let Nate in my room rather than I should be surprised that he knows that I kept Peter in my room last Friday.

"Dad!" I had no choice because I knew the discussion was over once when he turned his back on me and walked down the stairs.

I gave Nate a mad look. My eyes were barely open and smoke was coming out of my nose again because of frustration.

The ten weekends he would stay here in my room would surely be more than hell.

I rolled my eyes at his smirks.

Author's Note:

Poor girl, she would be staying in one room with the bad boy for almost three months. Don't worry Britney! He's very hot and good-looking anyway so... it'll be okay.

AS LONG AS YOU TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM TROUBLE!!!

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!