Chapter 23

When Miss Smith made her way out of the room, it was a sign for me to get the hell out of the room before Nate makes a move closer to me. I know he won't do that without a reason but right now, he has. I immediately packed my stuff, I inserted the binders, books, pens, and sticky notes in my bag so Nate won't catch me up. "What's the rush, girl?" Shane asked while she was doing the opposite of what I was doing, she was slowly packing her stuff. I'm a slow mover too but on times like this, who would move slowly? I gulped and awkwardly faked a smile. Her eyes widened again and she slowly laughed in silence. "Ok, I get it, good luck," she laughs and I rolled my eyes.

I hurriedly grabbed my bag and leaned it on my shoulders. "Charlie and I are meeting Peter at Cassa Florante, you sure you're not going to come with us?" Shane asks but I shook my head as I made my way out of the classroom. I want to go with them especially because it's at Cassa Florante but all I need to do right now is to avoid Lucifer. A.K.A, Nate. Pretty much like Lucifer but I know he has a name.

I tried to walk faster when I felt someone following in my footsteps. Nightmares do come true. I froze when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I gulped and smiled, it wasn't even a smile, it was a slightly sour and confused expression. I recognize the big hand. "Umm, hi? What do... you... need?" I laughed a little to avoid the weirdness in my mind. I gasped for air but all I got was the breeze of the air-conditioner running all around the school.

"You know what I need," I rolled my eyes because just within the voice, I already confirmed who it was. I was right, never wrong. I turned my back to face him. The smile now has vanished and got replaced by the usual expression when I am facing this guy, the what the heck? Look. He smirked at me. That smirk makes me go crazily nervous. But I didn't let it affect my face's formation.

"So, when will we make the video?" I was right by my prediction, he saw who was in my card when I stumbled in front of him. Oh, now it all makes sense. He did that on purpose, he made me stumble because he wanted to see who was on my card. How sociopathic. I rolled my eyes at him though his tone was trying to be friendly. Is Nate being friendly? If this is a dream, it's probably a dead person's dream. Because I bet on a hundred million dollars, he can be fake but can never be friendly.

"First, I can make videos on my own, second, you're not my partner, third, I don't even need a partner to succeed, this isn't my first time," I crossed my arms and gave an aggressive sigh. He shook his head while laughing a bit. How can he laugh at anything for no reason? Oh yeah, he's crazy. "Nothing's funny Mr. Nathan Maddox," I raised an eyebrow as he finally stopped.

"If you're going to call me that, let me call you Brifney," he smirked again, Brifney? Is that even a word? Wait, what? Does he literally mean underwear? He continued. "First of all, this is a partnering project, second, you're my partner, third, you need a partner," I untangled my crossed arms and looked at his brown, honey eyes. Why do bad guys always have beautiful eyes?

Am I admitting that his eyes are beautiful?

No.

No.

No.

I should not. They're beautiful but just like time, they're tricky. I sighed and let my arms run through the strap of my bag. "Do you have proof that you're my partner because as far as I can remember, Shane is my..." I tried to reach for the card in my pocket. I don't even know why I'm looking for it though I know it's his name that's on it. But want to lie for good. I hope God can forgive me for this. I reached the end of my pocket, both sides, but nothing was there aside from air.

He grinned at me, and walked closer, making me take a few steps back. I kept on walking backward but he walked and walked and walked closer to me until I cannot move anymore because I reached the wall beside our classroom's door. I sighed.

Darn it, Britney!

I tried to move but I looked like I was chasing the air for it, I froze when he got closer than he's supposed to. He already filled my personal space. He invaded it. Now, he's five inches close to me. I can't measure it but I can estimate it. I gulped when I saw his hands running through his pocket. His eyes were on mine as if he was planning to kiss me.

Hold on,

He's my cousin. Why the heck am I even thinking of it? I should not.

He raised the familiar cardboard, opened it, and saw his name. "The cards don't lie!" He smirked harder.

"How can you say that it's mine?" I stole it from his hands. I was trying to be as courageous as I can be though my heart was already trying to break the walls of my chest and get out of my body and run away from me.

"One, the table does, second, your heartbeat tells the truth too," I looked down at my chest and saw that it was so obvious I was nervous. He probably heard it because he was so close earlier. He finally stepped back, causing me to take a deep breath in relief.

I just remembered that I left that card on the table. I gave it to Shane, she probably left it. I closed my eyes. I am very frustrated. I want to scream and shout to let everything out of my lungs. I hate Nate, I hate being classmates with him, I hate having him in my room, and now I hate knowing, meeting, and making a project with him. I am about to explode.

He winked at me as he walked back to get back in the room, "see you later, Brifney!" He grinned harder and disappeared when he entered the classroom.

Nate gives the worst and the not-so-finest in me.  

Author's Note:

Yeah, bad boys always gives out the worst in you!!! Bad boys makes you do things you shouldn't.

This reminds me of Hardin Scott....

Oppssiieee. Did I mention After? Well, I love Anna Todd so much ❤❤ who else does?

Love you all so much!!!

>333333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!