Chapter 37

While everyone was walking around the hallway on their way home, I was left alone in our classroom trying to re-organize my bag. Charlie and Shane were both on their own businesses. So I'm here, left all alone. We're not kids anymore, so being apart from each other is not new to us. The teacher already has left too and so I grabbed my bag from my seat and rested it on my shoulders. I left the door open as I began walking to get to my locker.

I'm surprised there are still many people around the school when it's 4:30 already. I held my head down when I noticed that they started murmuring and staring at me as I walked through the hallways. I heard their whispers but didn't know what they were talking about.

I was stunned when I realized that everyone was holding papers. I looked around and they slightly began to laugh. What is going on? What's with the papers? I frowned when a guy beside me smirked. This is weird. I looked around harder to see what was happening, but I was too clueless. "Umm, Britney, I think you should see this," I heard Shane's voice behind me.

I looked behind me and grabbed the piece of notebook paper she offered. I stared at it, and looked at every single letter that was written on it. The paper, the letters, the handwriting, the words, and the doodles. I remember, I know, I believe, and I recognize that they are mine.

This can't be true. My secret journal's pages have been scattered around the entire school. This is not good. I know this is mine, I can't be wrong. The page was saying:

Miss Puff just made me take over her office again, today! Ugh! I hate her so much, she's always been the reason why I hate school. I mean, well, I love school a lot but every time she sees me, she makes me do things, especially her job. It's like that she's not even a teacher anymore. Well, she teaches so well but the fact that she's always giving lots of orders, I hate it. I can't say no because she might do things to me since she has the advantage of it. I don't know.

I still remember the day that I wrote this. Darn! How did this thing happen? I have tons of journals but this one is the most special and I hide this under my bed's pillow.

Umm,

I think I have a suspect.

After reading it, I looked around and found out that people were holding the other pages of my journal and they were silently laughing while murmuring about me. A teardrop suddenly fell from my eye and dropped down on the paper. I immediately wiped it away. There's only one person who would do this to me. Eros won't. Because he's my brother thus he has no reason to do this. But I know that Nate wants to get his revenge on me.

I looked around once more. I can take being punished in front of everyone but I can't take having my journal pages being read by others. I gulped. I don't know if I should keep sobbing or walk away. This is too much. Shane was frowning with concern in front of me.

There's only one thing left to do. I immediately walked away and felt that Shane was following me. "Britney, wait!" I heard her screaming gently. But I didn't listen. Instead, I just walked faster. I don't want to talk to her she might read the page where I said that I don't like her kind of complimenting herself attitude. That could ruin us. Everywhere I go, there are people looking at me. I even caught some left papers on the floor and on the walls but I don't care about those things for now. All I want is to catch Nate and break his head.

I wiped the tears dripping down my face because of the humiliation I am feeling. My feet feel numb right now and the school seems too big and I think I'm moving slowly though Shane can't catch me anymore. Finally. The big jerk of my life is here. I faced Nate while he was leaning on his locker with Olivia, Tristan, and his other foolish friends.

I forced myself to fake a smile to hold back the tears. I slapped the paper from my hands into his chest but he kept on grinning up at me like a devil. "You! Don't tell me you know nothing about this," he took a step forward but instead of backing away, I chose to stay still.

He grabbed it from his chest and faced it. "This? It isn't mine," he ripped it and threw it in the air making its pieces fall like confetti.

"I'm not saying it's yours. I know that it's you who scattered that! Who else would when you're the only one who wants me to be as embarrassed as to how you were before," he shook his head.

"Okay, but I'm just trying to play your game fair," he crossed his arms calmly and I rolled my eyes. I'm not sad anymore, I'm mad.

"Fair? How the hell can that be fair?" I screamed.

"You humiliated me before and now, here's my revenge," he smirked harder.

"Well, that's not fair, Nate! It's not!" Sob turned into weak tears. I continued, "I made you apologize to the guy the other day for good, and you think that it's bad. And now, you scattered all the pages of my special secret journal all around the school like you scattered my heart, my mind, my thoughts!" I screamed louder than before.

I've never been like this, I've never been this loud, I've never been this mad, I've never been this harsh to someone. "Told you that you shouldn't mess with him," I heard Olivia's crappy voice from behind Nate, making me look at her and said, "shut up punk!" It was a yell.

I eyed Nate and the smirk on his face seemed to vanish. 

Author's Note:

Welcome back my Jyerries! Oh my God! What the heck did I do? HAHAHA. Oh no! Now, Britty is crying because of Nate's revenge. He scattered all the pages of the secret journal that Britney has been keeping away from everyone? That's harsh.

Click the ☆ button down there please 👇

UwU PLEASE 👉👈

Love you all so much!!!

>33333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!