Chapter 63

Guess his mood changed with just a slap. I slammed the door and sat on my seat earlier and he did the same. With his hands on the steering wheel, he glanced at me. We came here for our first date but I guess we're just going to be in an argument again. The world isn't fair. Worst timing ever. We're supposed to enjoy, laugh at our own jokes, share some experiences about our lives, or even kiss.

But now we're here in his car and I'm wondering what he wants to confess. He sighed heavily and it made me look at his teary eyes. I know there's something heavy he wants to say but I'm not sure what is it. As the air-conditioned breeze in the car fell on us, I inserted my hands in the sleeves of my hoodies.

Leaves were falling from the window and I watched them crunch into pieces on the ground. Silence filled emptiness surrounding us. It was weird to be with him quietly in the car, sitting and not knowing who should speak first. I don't even know why I'm here and waiting for him to say something.

I began constantly playing with my hands. As I waited for his words, all I heard were his heavy sighs until... "Britney," he called. I can't explain the expression on his face. Not anymore. Earlier, he looked so happy as if he was the most gifted person in the world. But right now; he looks like he doesn't even want to live. I looked straight into his eyes and felt all the pain he was carrying. But what do they mean?

"I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this. I don't want to tell it but I can't hide everything from you forever. Not now that we're in love." He looked down and I watched a single teardrop meet the floor of his brand-new car. Tell me what? I still don't get it. Why is he crying? If this is a prank, then I would kill him after. "W-what do you mean? Hide what?"

He rested his head on the steering wheel and licked his dried lips. I observed as he closed his eyes and sigh once more. "Britney, the first time I saw you, I already loved you, I already wanted you for life. But I also found out that in any way, you won't like me back. Then there was the incident which crossed our paths," as he continued, every moment we had together, the good ones and the bad, flashed back into my mind like they all happened just yesterday.

"I loved you so much. But I knew it was wrong. I shouldn't love you. So I pretended that I hated you all those weeks that passed. Because I thought that if I would hide what I really feel, it would vanish. But I was wrong. You were too strong that you were able to make me fall for you harder. I fell for you though I knew I shouldn't have." I frowned. Probably, those lines are preparations for his confessions.

"But you told me that you would love me either I'm your cousin or not. And I told you that I would love you too as much as I can even if we're cousins. Yeah, it's wrong but we can't do anything about it anymore." I whispered through my statement. What can we do? We fell in love with each other though we know it's wrong.

He slowly stood and looked at me with his wide eyes open. "Britney, we are not cousins!" He screamed. Not cousins? What is that? I frowned harder and almost laughed but at the same time, at the moment, I felt that it wasn't the time to joke or laugh. Because the teardrops falling from his eyes were proof that he is serious.

"Not cousins? What do you mean by that?" He kept looking at me with his teary eyes.

"Brit, we are siblings! And the reason we're here is because of you!"

"What? I-I don't... I don't understand! What do you mean?" His words were full of sobs. I could barely hear them clearly. One word, one tear.

"We are here because of you, you are my little sister! I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but, when I was two years old, mom and dad suffered from a lack of financial support and they couldn't handle us anymore. I am two years older than you, that time, you were in mom's womb, and when they gave birth to you, they thought that they can't raise you so mom gave you to uncle Cole, because they're siblings and uncle Cole said he'll help mom in raising you. Now that we are financially stable, we want to take you back. We are your real family..."

His words slowly, gently, honestly, and brutally began to sink into my mind. As they sunk like the Titanic, I couldn't handle the tears planning to fall. When I realized he wasn't joking, I couldn't help but stare at his eyes. Uncle Jesse is my dad. Auntie Edna is my mom. Eros is not my real brother but Nate is and we are not cousins. truth

We were already complicated. The truth is now out and we are more complicated than ever. Back then, I already hated being cousins with him because it showed only thirty percent of marrying him but now, it shows one percent. Almost zero.

"Is that true?"

"I won't lie to you... not again," I pressed my lips together to hold the tears back.

"Then why didn't you tell me in the first place?" I screamed. I want to let it all out. The world is so brutal to give all these senses of crap to me.

"I didn't want to hurt you, and I didn't mean to hide it, I just didn't have the courage to tell it to you back then because we used to be enemies." I rolled my eyes. From sadness now to madness.

"Didn't want to hurt me? Can you hear yourself, Nate? If you really didn't want to hurt me then you should have told me before I fell in love with you!" If this is a dream, then I want to wake up and never sleep again. If this scene is an image then I want to forget about it and never think of it again. I'm tired of being tired.

I wish we never met. I wish he or me was never been born. I wish our paths never crossed. So that I'm not this sadly in love with him. Nate is my older brother. This isn't fair.

Author's Note:

I bet you already saw that plot twist coming. Of all my stories, this one has the most cliché and predictable plot twist yet. Worst of the worsts. Darn it! I'm disappointed with this huhuhu. But never mind, I have a better plan: unpublish this soon. HAHAHA

Love you all so much!!!

>33333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!