Chapter 38

"Excuse me, what did you say?" I heard her voice again. Darn, is she really deaf or just practicing for the future?

"I said that a punk like you should know her place!" I screamed again. After this, I don't think I can face anyone from this school. 

"You're going to regret this!" she screamed back. This is the screaming game. Not just with her, but with everyone.

"I won't, and I'm sure about it," she rolled her eyes at me. I was still sobbing when I told her that. Nate began to stare at me with guilty caramel eyes. When I looked back at him, I felt the pain again. I expected he would hurt me, but not like this. This way when he just seemed like he sold my brain to all the people in this school.

"So it was you? Pulling off a prank like this? Well, it might be just one of the million pranks you've done before and will do in the future, but for me, it's not! I understand that making others sad makes you happy, but it hurts us, the people you tease, bully, and ignore!" My voice was calmer and lower than before. I'm a little calm now that I see the sadness in his eyes but nevertheless for no reason.

I wiped my face, I didn't care if the people around us were murmuring like chirping birds. All I care about is that Nate should pay for this. In a nice way. "Well it was your fault," he stated but it was obvious that he didn't want to say it.

I faked a laugh. "Wow, now it's my fault? Get a brain, Nate! I didn't do anything wrong to you! In fact, I tried my best to be nice!!!" He gulps as I saw his Adam's apple move through his neck. "You humiliated me," his calmness can make me calm and I hate it. The influence is not good. "For the better! Tell me, does this thing that you did help me in any way? It just made me worst," I closed my eyes to keep back my tears. I don't want to keep on crying in front of him.

When I opened them, I found him looking on the ground with his hands in his pants pocket. I shook my head, "you're hopeless," I whispered and I know he heard me. Now I understand what is pain. I made my way out of the crowded place and left him with the other people.

I tried to but I couldn't stop the tears pouring through my eyes. I haven't looked in a mirror yet but I think my eyes are now shiny and red. "Britney, wait! Please!" I heard Nate's voice again when I was out of school already.

Then I felt his hand wrapped around my arm. "What the hell do you want now? I've had enough of your darn crap!" I yelled and looked at him. I began biting my lips to stop the tears again but his caramel brown eyes were locked on mine. "I'm sorry, I know what I did was wrong but-" I didn't let him finish and interrupted, "and you still chose to do it!" he looked at the ground where our feet were placed.

"I know, and I'm sorry," he's saying sorry to me right now. I have never seen him say sorry to anyone before but, that doesn't matter when he just ruined my reputation. I don't know what to do next anymore. "Please, forgive me, Brit," his eyes were as promising as hell when they were secured on mine.

"Please," he repeated but I didn't say a word and kept sobbing, making him repeat his words, "please, forgive me Brit, I'll do everything you want, everything you say, just please forgive me!" his cold hands began started to be wrapped around mine. Surprising how his smirks, turned to seriousness, and now to tears. Nonetheless, he's a good actor since he can easily cry. Through my silence, he continued, "do anything you want to me!" He held my hands tighter. "Punch me, slap me, hurt me! Do everything you want to me that you think could hurt me," he begged.

I shook my head, "what?" I asked, not able to believe what he was wanting me to do.

"It's okay, just hurt me, so you can be okay," he sobbed.

Calmly, I replied. "I'm not like you, Nate. Other people's pain does not make me happy," he got back to looking at the ground. I don't know what it is on the ground that's making him look there over and over again. "Fine, then just..." he wasn't able to finish his statement when I walked away.

I thought he was going to call me and I wanted him to. But sadly, he didn't. He just let me walk away. "Hey! I heard the news, are you okay?" Eros startled me when I bumped into him. I was looking on the floor while walking so I didn't see him coming.

"I'm okay, no need to worry," I faked a smile.

"Is it Nate?" He asked concernedly. Somehow, having a protective brother has some perks.

"Yeah but, it's okay now..." I faked another smile. I'm the master in doing this. If a smile is a clothing brand, then I'm the master of faking them.

"You don't look okay," he whispered, making me look away.

"I said I'm okay. No need to worry, just get back to your practice, I can manage myself. I'm not a kid anymore," I noticed that he was wearing his baseball suit so I thought he was practicing.

"Then why do you act like one?" Asked Eros

"What is it that makes me look like a kid in your eyes?" My answer turned out to be another question.

"Your tears and sobs. Big girls don't cry," he began tapping my shoulder.

"For your information, big girls do cry. But we don't let it take over us," I smiled. This time, for real. He let out a soft and gentle laugh and I went along with it.

"Okay, take care," he walked a few steps away from me and waved his hands. I waved back.

Author's Note:

Uh-huh! What was that again? Sorry from Nate the bad boy? That's weird. Anyway, I don't have much to say right now because I'm so drained already sheesh.

Please vote and comment!

Love you all so much!!!

>33333 chain!

See you next time! Mwuah!