Chapter 9: THE DAY

Louis' POV

Finally, the week's over now.. Finally I will get to be with him, My Harry..

Mum hugged me tight, actually tighter than she normally does, I was possibly out of breath, until she let me go.. But I don't blame her,neither do I call her much nor come down to meet her..

But this whole week of family time with Mum and the girls was special, altogether..

As my Mum always does, she instructed me on what to do and what not to.. And said that she would take the reports to the doctor and get them examined..

I hugged them back, and bid them adieu..

Leaving them back has always been so tough, I wish if I  could just let them stay with me but our contract policy restricts is from doing so..

After a tiring journey for a fair few hours, I was finally there, at the front of my, oh not exactly,but our flat..

"I am home, Harry.. Open the door", I called out to him, knocking on the door..

But to my surprise the door was already opened..

I pushed the door open, and was awestruck.. I freezed right there to what my eyes saw..

The house was beautifully lit with red night bulbs, the whole house smelled of beautiful roses..

And out there in the middle of nowhere, there stood Harry, wearing the Red shirt that I gifted him a few months back..

It all seemed and felt like a dream, a dream that could make me sleep my entire life, if I had to..

"What's going on, Harry? Did you have any date coming in? ", I asked him..

"I am extremely sorry, I  actually didn't know that, and don't worry I'll probably then get going, I'll go to the boys' house then..You have a great night", I spoke up even before he could say anything..

Just as I was about to turn back and leave, I felt a touch on my hands, Harry held my hands, stopped me, and stepped closer to me..

"It's You I have been waiting for the whole week, not any date.. Everything you see is just for you", He said whispering in my ears.. The warm breath of his rushed down my entire body giving me goosebumps..

"But I don't understand", I ask him perplexed..

Before I could continue or wait for a reply from him, he closed the front door, took my hand, took me to the other side of the room and made me sit down on the couch..

"I have a lot of things to tell and show you, Lou", he said..

I just smiled at him and glanced through the entire house while he went up to the projector and turned it on..

I saw pictures of us, together, right from where we started, till date.. He named each moment, he named them all..

Just after a five minute slide show of all our beautiful moments on the screen, when it was just about to end, I saw Harry, right in front of me, he knelt down on one knee, took my hand and said-

"I don't know Lou that what I am going to do today is right or not.. I don't care actually, 'cause for the very first time, I feel so carefree..
The day when Jo came to take you home, I just didn't want to let you go.. I so love everything when you are around, but without you everything feels incomplete and empty.. I just want you to know that, right here this moment, I promise to spend each and every minute of my life with you.. YOU are my forever, Lou.. I Love You.. Will you be mine forever?"..

I couldn't react to anything he said, I was shocked, in a good way though..

It almost took me a minute to regain my senses, Harry still looking me in the eye.. How I adored those green eyes, that stare..

I just nodded my head, and kissed him straight away...

I stood up, wrapped my arms around his waist, pulled him closer, and placed my left hand on his face, gently rubbing my thumb on his cheek..

He brought his lips close to mine, placed a gentle kiss, and rested his face on my shoulder..

"I was so stressed the entire week, on how to tell you everything, I didn't know how you would react.. And what if I lost You forever? What if everything changed, just because my feelings changed? Afterall, your friendship means the world to me", he said almost tearing up..

I pulled him back, cupped his face with my hands and said, "You realised your feelings now, I have lived with them since so many months.. You mean the world to me Harry, a part of which I never want to lose"..

He smiled flashing off those dimples, intertwined his fingers into mine and took me to the kitchen..

I looked up at him and asked,"Seems like you have many more surprises, love?"

And the word love made him blush, go red on his cheeks, and I too felt so good, I wouldn't have to hide my feelings anymore..

He made me sit on the chair and went up to the kitchen counter..

I slowly went up to him, held him from his back, put my arms around his waist, rested my face on his shoulder and kissed him softly on his neck..

He turned back towards me, smiling shyly, handing me a piece of toast covered with marmite and lit a candle on the table..

"When we grow old together, this is the exact same thing I want to do, I want you to cuddle me, while I prepare us some food.. I want you to stay by me whenever I'll be needing you.. I want to have a small, beautiful family with you, Lou..And I would fight away anything it would take", Harry said with such determination in his eyes, I felt myself lucky..

"Me too, Harry.. Me too", I said to him brushing my fingers through his hair..

After spending such a lovely time together, confessing each others feelings, it brought us closer.. Closer than we ever thought..

We went to sleep, Harry resting his head on my chest and i held him tighter than I normally do, as if I was trying to hold back the entire world, so that noone could take it away..