July.5.19/Shake The World!

Camila's POV

July 5, 2019

- "There's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark, you should know you're beautiful just the way you are..."

My sister hugs me from the side, swinging us with our hands free in the air, standing in some corner of the endless aisle of the great Staples Center, singing in chorus with the rest of the fans attending my boyfriend's super concert. There must be over 10,000 people here and I bet the second round tomorrow will feature a larger number. The power he has is impressive.

As the song ends changing to another, Sofi begs me to take her backstage to see Alessia when she has finished her opening act, and like the good sister I am I promise her.

- But don't harass her with so many pictures. - I murmur close to her ear so she can hear me over the volume of the music.

- Yes, yes, don't worry. I understand how annoying it must be. - She says teasingly and her alert gaze goes to some point behind me. - It seems they have already found you, Kaki...

I close my eyes and sigh in resignation before turning to the few fans waiting in an orderly line, wanting autographs and a photo with me. After saying goodbye to Sofi, sending her with my parents to the area reserved for us, I politely greet the youngsters who approach excited to meet me.

 After saying goodbye to Sofi, sending her with my parents to the area reserved for us, I politely greet the youngsters who approach excited to meet me

I make sure I don't take too long because I know others will come with the same intention and I just want to enjoy the concert, like everyone else. I try not to be mean or rude as I walk away, but even a guard had to intervene to give me my deserved personal space. I really hate it. I don't usually go around with someone protecting me 24/7, but I have to accept that sometimes it proves necessary.

Amidst the darkness vaguely illuminated by the pink spotlights, I walk to the VIP area at the top of the Arena in search of my family who have moved a little from their place, exchanging words with the cheerful Julia, who welcomes me with a tight hug as I approach.

- Cami! - She shouts with a big smile forming on her face. - When Shawn invited me he told me you would be here, but I couldn't believe it.

- Why? - I automatically get defensive. - I came to support him. After all... we are friends.

- Not according to what your little sister just told me. - The blonde giggles along with Sofi, who reddens like a Christmas tree when she notices my not-so-nice look.

Oh, my God. This little brat is going to get me in trouble if she doesn't shut her mouth... She'll see...

- Don't worry. I will say absolutely nothing about this. But I give you guys my heartiest congratulations.

- Thank you?

Julia winks at me, ignoring my discomfort, and gives me another hug before walking away with her little group.