Nov.11.19/We Own The Night

(A/N: What the f*ck happened at Coachella? I have questions)

***

Shawn's POV

November 11, 2019

I finish my cold tea and close my big luggage that has accompanied me all the way to New Zealand, until I leave for the next stop: Brazil.

Mum would pull me by the ears if she knew I've been sleeping terribly since the tour started, but it's a high price I'll gladly pay if I can entertain others... and use the little free time I have left to enjoy a nice vacation with the love of my life. The bad thing is that in this month she also has too many commitments to fully attend to me, but just seeing her, giving her a kiss and hugging her is enough for me. I'm longing for it like she has no idea....

I check for the fifth time that I did keep the tickets in my back pocket and I know I'm going crazy when I stop again in front of the hall mirror, analyzing if I'm missing anything.

- Are you sure you don't mind if I take Camila to the game? - I ask Brian who hovers around my suite watching movies on TV.

- No, it's fine. Stop looking in the mirror, you're not going to a catwalk. - He snorts in amusement, happily eating my Toffee Pops and gingerbread cookies he took from me earlier.

- It's not a catwalk, but it's actually something much worse. We'll be in the front row.

- You mean courtside?

- Yes.

- Oh, wow. Whose idea?

- What do you think? - I roll my eyes with some annoyance, but there's nothing I can do. - Anyway, I'll try to treat it as just another date.

- A very public date, my friend. Perfect for another one of those make-out sessions you guys know about. - He says to tease me another bit and chokes on a cookie as he laughs dodging the cushion I throw in his face.

- Stop eating everything or I'll make you pay for the room. - He insults me under his breath thinking I didn't hear him and smiles innocently.

- You should go now, shouldn't you?

- Yeah. See you... tomorrow. - I doubt it, 'cause I don't know what my girlfriend's plans are.

- Ok. Say hi to Mila, have fun!

***

Strong arms wrap around my waist as soon as I walk through the door of Camila's house, which for some reason had been left open. I never know where the hell she comes from, she's a ghost.

- Shawn, you came! I missed you. - Sofi screams with the excellent power of her young lungs.

- Princess. - I smile at her, helping her carry a stack of folders, magazines and papers into the living room where she has more clutter than I've grown accustomed to from living with her older sister. - Whenever I come here you're always doing some interesting project.

- That's because, even though I'm traveling with Kaki, I'm still studying and I have to do homework, silly.

- Of course. What is it now? - I sit with her on the couch while I watch her arrange her things on the table.

- A family tree for my science class, I even printed a picture of you, look at it. - She slips a square of paper into my hand.

As she said, it's me, with my hair so tousled on my forehead that you can barely see my eyes and a giant smile adorning my face. In the background there is a sunrise on the beach and I remember that day perfectly as if it were yesterday. The night before I had had dinner with Camila on the seashore in as spontaneous an outing as humanly possible, no paparazzi hounding us and so happy in our solitude that we even fell asleep. That morning she took a couple of pictures before saying goodbye to me.