Aug.18.20/Miles Away (1/2)

Camila's POV

August 18, 2020

I sigh as I am about to fall asleep. I couldn't wait to get through immigration, out of the airport and straight into the van so I could rest while my mother and I arrive back at the cabin the team had assigned us, after a long journey of almost 13 hours, with delays and bad weather to boot.

These last few weeks have really hit me hard. I don't feel fit for these tours anymore. If I had to go on Tour today I would faint on stage for sure, but I don't worry because that's already canceled... Thanks, Covid. Go away now, you fucked up my life! And in many ways.

I lie back in my bed that I missed so little, thinking about what I left behind by coming here and where I would like to be now. Mamá changes and starts unpacking her luggage as I look at her silently, trying hard not to close my eyes because I know I'm expected at the new script reading in about two hours.

- Do I look like a zombie or am I presentable enough?

- I don't know. - She snorts, adjusting her glasses to inspect me closely. - I guess you don't look horrible enough to scare Nicholas.

- Ha ha ha, that's funny.

- That reminds me... Call Shawn and tell him we're all settled in.

- How does this conversation remind you of my boyfriend? - I ask confused, and not really wanting to think.

- Nothing in particular. - She shrinks back, a nervous smile tugging at her lips.

I don't answer her, it makes no sense to me. My head is foggy from exhaustion, my eyelids are heavy and on top of that I'm hungry. I didn't even touch the food on the plane because I wanted to sleep as much as possible with this horrible time change, and even then it wasn't enough.

Welcome to London, Camila. Your sweet home for... I don't know how long.

Oh, Shawn...

Me: ~Hello, my love. We're here and I'll be leaving for work in a bit, I just wanted to let you know in case I don't answer you later when you read this. I guess you're sleeping, wish I could lol. I love you a lot and miss you even more. Sending you a huge kiss. Talk to you later, xoxo.~

Mi Rey: ~I'll imagine you're here giving me that kiss, beautiful.~

It didn't even take a minute for him to respond. What am I going to do with this man?

Me: ~Isn't it 5AM over there? What are you doing up, Shawn?~

Mi Rey: ~Ok, ok. Don't scold me, I just couldn't stop thinking and begging for you to get there safely, and I'm glad you did.~

Me: ~Don't worry about me, love. I can take care of myself just fine.~

Mi Rey: ~I know, I'm not saying you can't, but still... You can't blame me for wanting to protect the love of my life even though she's far out of my reach.~

And this is why at this moment I hate to have left his side. I wish I could hug him and give him the assurance that he won't lose me. It didn't happen before while we were friends, or when we weren't friends, and then we became friends again... It's not going to happen now because of a... couple of miles away. Okay, 5,000 miles, actually. 5,000 fucking miles... For two months maybe? Without him being able to come visit, or me going to LA... I'm going to cry if I keep thinking about it.

Me: ~Where are you now?~

Mi Rey: ~In bed.~

Me: ~In which one?~