May.25.23/In Limbo

Half of the credits to my girl <3 stars-byshawmila

(WARNING: +18)

***

Shawn's POV

May 25, 2023

- Stop, just stop. - She begs me, trying not to burst out laughing as I keep my eyes on her, walking backwards down the sidewalk. - You're going to bump into people, Shawn.

- Then they'll be very lucky. - I just say, joking of course, making her laugh at last with her angelic smile that makes my heart race.

- Silly... - Camila shakes her head, nudging me in the right direction as I stop my games, walking beside her, enjoying the fact that I exist in her life somehow.

I'd like to define what we really are, but I'm far from knowing. I'm trying not to put pressure, even though sometimes barbarities slip out like telling her I love her when she doesn't expect it, scaring her... What I know is that if we screw this up... there will be no turning back. And as sad as it sounds, it's true. She knows it too. I see the fear pierce her eyes every night we spend together.

It's very overwhelming for both of us, but here we are still at the bottom of the barrel. Let's see who jumps into the void first.

- I'm tired, and I don't understand why. I go to the gym more regularly than I used to. - She says, hanging on my arm.

- Did you do the same routine?

- Hmm... no. - She murmurs.

- There you go.

- Ugh, should we...? - She mumbles, catching my attention.

- What?

- No, forget it. - Her tone and face are total embarrassment as she looks straight down at the floor.

- Mila... what's up? - I insist, tugging gently on her ponytail.

- I was going to say if... we could go get something to eat outside after we shower, so we don't have to cook but.... I feel like lately I'm the one coming up with these plans, you know? And then you feel obligated to follow through, so.... You know what, forget it. I'm... - Camila keeps babbling things to herself and I can't help but find it so adorable that I smile, and then she notices and taps my chest in annoyance. - See? That's why I can't tell you things, you don't take me seriously.

- I do, Mila.

- Yeah, right... - She rolls her eyes, puts on her sunglasses and walks faster to leave me behind, but I quickly pull ahead. - Shawn...

- Mila... - I pout at her, stopping her for a moment, blocking her way every time she tries to escape until a smile tugs at the corner of her lips.

- You are impossible. - She snorts, hugging me lightly.

We're about to kiss when someone, a fan, interrupts us, and I see Camila get shy, pulling away so I can quickly give my autograph while the cameras we were ignoring all along get louder, annoying us until we disappear inside my building.