Sept.11.21/Through Thick And Thin (2/2)

Camila's POV

September 11, 2021

I pull back my hair that's in my face into a firm ponytail, as I feel my chest heat up as if it can't get any more oxygen from around me from so much exercise. My reflection in the mirror looks mediocre and weak, a sweaty figure wrapped in a sporty outfit, barely holding myself properly on my heels gliding across the living room, rehearsing with as much grace and elegance as possible the full choreography of my performance tomorrow, perfecting it, giving it my all, until even my teeth ache and I'm dizzy from the stress.

Did I learn the lesson from last time? No.

Oh, Camila... and then you want Shawn not to get mad at you. Help yourself, okay?

I stop to turn to look at my sweet man and am not surprised that he has fallen asleep, having been with me for long hours while doing this. I take off my AirPods that I was listening to my music with, so as not to disturb anyone in the middle of the night, and walk over to Shawn in the dining room, with Tarzan at his feet just as sleepy.

Shawn has a little mess on the table. As I close his journal, I accidentally trip over his laptop mouse, lighting up the screen with a bunch of open files which is typical these days, especially when he's planning to go on Tour once again. Which I try not to think about too much because... parting ways is going to be horrible.

I carefully remove the laptop to turn it off, where To Build A Home is playing from a suggested playlist, because he listens to everything but his own music. It's thanks to that that I realize he also has his AirPods on, and I take them off, gently tugging at his hair that falls across his forehead as his cheek squishes against the wood.

- Shawn... - I whisper close to his ear, listening to his soft exhale escaping from between his open lips. - Shawn... Shawn, mi amor...

- Uh? - He moans, jerking a little, but again freezes, determined to stay that way.

- You look very adorable, but your neck will hurt later, you hear?

A tender smile comes across his face, making me smile just as much, as I hold his arm to pull him to his feet, staggering sleepily to the bedroom where he falls straight onto the bed, so unconscious that I have to push him to his usual side.

It's getting hot, so I close the door and turn on the air conditioning before going to the bathroom to take an express shower to sleep peacefully, lying down on the bed, surrounded by my boyfriend who turns around when he feels me close, resting his forehead against my neck.

- I love you. - I whisper to him and he mumbles what seems to be the same, but I don't know because he sighs one last time, staying still.

***

Shawn's POV

September 12, 2021

- Shit!

Camila's scream catches me off guard, immediately waking me up with my heart pounding with a new worry. I open my eyes to see her get out of bed, running to lock herself in the bathroom quickly, and very soon I find out why as I look down at the empty space she left, at the blue sheets slightly stained with an intense red, similar to her face when she returns after a few minutes, looking at me as if she wanted to disappear three meters under the ground.

- Hmm... Sorry, it came to me earlier. I wasn't prepared. - She mumbles without moving from her position, squeezing her thighs together as she holds on to the door frame.

It must be the stress. How do I know? I've heard my sister say that before.

- It had to be today! - She screams, smacking her forehead, and I have to go to her to stop her from continuing to do so, focusing on her crazed eyes.