Oct.25.21/Another Chance (1/2)

Shawn's POV

October 25, 2021

"Give her another chance," my friend said.

Well... here I am. Trying to salvage an almost lost relationship, which is getting on my nerves at the thought that the end of it is slowly approaching. At least on the romantic side... And it has nothing to do with me not loving her anymore, but... This whole thing is fucking complicated. We're just... we're not understanding each other. And I don't know what else to do anymore, so... That's just why I put my ego aside and decided to take a plane back to her to analyze our future.

Where do we go from here? From this turbulence that our life has turned into, waiting to do us more damage than we are prepared for.

***

We say goodbye to my adoptive mother and little sister, who head off in another direction to find the Mexican crafts they've been talking about since early in the morning while my girlfriend and I accompany the Cabello's next birthday man through Oaxaca's main plaza, being stopped by a group of mariachis who take their chance to stand out with their singing, putting on a show for the tourists who pass by time and time again.

Camila laughs watching her father join them with his great voice before discreetly pushing him to another area so as not to draw undue attention to us, and we end up immersed in a street full of outdoor paintings that add beautiful color to the festive landscape on this unique day that I never thought I would live, if it weren't for my second family.

- Shawn, look at this one! - My girlfriend yells excitedly, tugging my hand to pull me closer to one of the exhibits.

A blue sky with constellations, which seem to be admired or praised by a group of people from below, which the artist very kindly begins to explain for us while we listen to him without missing a word of his work entitled "Familia y Universo".

- *"You are looking up, trying to sort out the stars, trying to make sense of this world of ours, in the warm embrace of those you love, who also love you, watching... wait, look quickly! A shooting star!"

After she patiently translates it for me, Camila and I look at each other, understanding the background of what it means, and that blissful hope I had in my heart resurfaces another little bit, praying not to let it disappear.

Praying that my beloved star never stops shining in my sky...

- Es muy hermoso, Señor Flores. - My girlfriend says to him, extending her hand to him to shake it warmly, and proceeds to comment on other things I don't fully understand until she looks back at me, after watching the gentleman leave inside a small shop nearby. - It's okay if we buy a replica, right?

- To take it to Miami? - She nods at my question and I smile at her, hugging her. - Yeah, that's perfect. It's beautiful.

- I know! - She jumps up with more excitement, leaving a warm kiss on my cheek.

With the purchase and shipping coordinated, Camila and I followed her father around the rest of the exhibit, congratulating everyone on their beautiful work, which if it were up to her she would take them all home.