16 - Commission Mission pt. 3

"Where are we going?" Gus whined. "I still don't know what we are doing, so for all I know you are leading me to my doom." Hunter continued to ignore him and Gus started to get sick of it. "Look man, I already apologized! And you dragged me along with you so the least you can do is communicate with me!"

But in the middle of him yelling, they both fell into a trap. Neither of them noticed it because it was covered in leaves and the ground was covered like that everywhere. There were spikes at the bottom too but luckily there was a small ledge Hunter was able to just barely grab onto and with his other hand, the back of Gus' shirt.

Gus freaked out and coward in fear and interpreted this as Hunter threatening him somehow. "I knew it! I said I was sorry I didn't think you would go this far! Please, I'll do whatever you want when we get out of here, just don't kill me!"

Hunter furrowed his eyebrows. "This wasn't me nitwit!" He sighed and looked up to where the exit of the pit was. They were pretty deep in the ground. "We might have to travel by Palisman from now on." He says and his palisman carries Gus out of the pit before Hunter. "Where is yours?" Gus pulled out his blue chameleon palisman and held on tight to it. "Let's get out of this area before you actually die." They boarded their Palisman and flew slowly through the treeline. In order to avoid anymore traps and still see when they reached their destination.

They trip was silent and suffocating for Gus; Hunter enjoyed the silence. Though there were clear indications that Hunter doesn't want to initiate in conversation, Gus didn't take the hints and tried to get to know Hunter so he could befriend him, just so he can avoid future events where Hunter would actually try to hurt him. Really he just wanted to get him far away from hating him.

"So how did you and Y/n meet? Have you known each other for a long time." He asks and Hunter's expression droops in irritation. He nearly forgot the kid was behind him but also panicked for a second with the question. He lied earlier, does he have to continue the lie? Should he continue with truth from now on or continue a lie to make it more believable? He thought about it too long and it made Gus think that he was ignoring him so continued to get answers out of him. "Is your Palisman from Hexside? I think I saw it in the batch I got mine from."

"Can't you just stay quiet...?"

Gus saddens. "I was just trying to-"

"I don't really care, please just stop talking." Gus was a little irritated but more put down by his tone so lowered himself to almost lay on his Palisman, like he was cowering.

~~~

They flew for awhile until Hunter stopped and looked around. "I think this is the place?" He says in a questioning tone and looks at the paper again. The area was just outside the treeline of the forest they had been traveling in. While the first was orange red and had some green bushes scattered, this area transitioned abruptly into a purple-pink color scheme. "This looks unnatural."

"It looks like abomination goop." Gus hums. "Maybe they fought it out."

Hunter stood on the ground again and grabbed his Palisman, pointing it up above the muck covered ground and rained fire down on it. The abominations rose up in pain and scattered from the area. "Yep, this is the place." He says and runs in confidently. He knew exactly what to do and was excited for some action.

Gus stood aside, still confused as Hunter never let him see the task. "Oh, well... Have fun I guess I'll just sit here and watch!" He shouted and took a seat against a tree.

There was a person hiding in a tree nearby controlling the abominations and Hunter was able to find them quickly and throw them out of their hiding place. It felt pretty familiar.

A really cool looking battle broke out between the two and Hunter smiled the whole time. Abomination goop was flying all over the place and Hunter was teleporting left and right; more taunting this person than trying to take them down, the dude was having the time of his life. Gus swears he heard him let out some laughter at some points.

Hunter let the battle drag out for awhile but soon realized that he should shut it down soon so they can go on to their next task. He apprehended them and tied them up. They were scolded with a silent walk back to town and was handed to some guards for endangering hikers with hidden traps. Not sure what their goal was, maybe they were just trying to prank some people or they were gathering food. Doesn't matter; it was reported, they dealt with it, they will get their reward.

Gus exclaimed to Hunter as he walked back over. "Dude, that was awesome! I've never seen anything more exhilarating than that fight! You were into it!"

Hunter shrugged it off, a little awkward with the overwhelming amount of compliments he was receiving. "It wasn't much, I just have experience." He shrugged.

"Experience in what? The emperor's guard?" Hunter's shoulders tense up at the mention. "What fighting style do you use? It was so advanced!"

"I don't really know."

"You looked like you were having so much fun, I kinda wish I was a part of it." Gus laughed. "You have to teach me your moves! I would love to be able to just fight a big dude and laugh the entire time!"

Was I laughing? He thought to himself.

~
~
~
~
~
~

Published: March 24, 2022

I'm glad I did a proofread, my keyboard keeps correcting Palisman to Pakistan

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote! ♡