33 - Too Tired to Think

"We've been out all day and found nothing. Let's go back." Hunter suggests while looking at the stars in the sky.

Y/n's eyes were dry from the wind blowing in her face the whole day so it's best she gets home anyway. "Alright..." She says and rubs her eye with the back of her wrist.

They stop for food at a stand then get back home. Tired, anxious, very much on their toes. The house was quiet and dark, Hooty was sleeping and everyone else too I guess. "I'm not gonna be able to sleep." Y/n sighs as she sets herself down on the couch.

He anxiously stood in the middle of the room, rubbing his hands together. Should he? Is now a good time? She looks like she's on the verge of a breakdown but the longer he waits the longer it will be a burden. If he fixes this right away he can better help with the more important stuff.

"Y/n, I have something to say."

She lays on her back with her hands over her face in frustration. "Can it wait...?" She asks.

"I'd rather say it now." He says and kneels down next to her. "Give me your hand." She looks to him curiosly but nervous and thinks to herself he's not gonna confess, is he? This would be the worst time to do so.

She holds out her hand for him and she grasps onto it tightly, giving himself affirmation. "Okay, this has been going on for awhile but I have to get it out of the way so please be understanding." He looks up to her like he was asking. The assumptions she was making made her face turn red. "I should have told you from the start but I could never find a good time or I was always too scared, sometimes I just didn't know if..." He clears his throat. "Anyway, you should know."

"I should know? He thinks I'll reject him and is telling me anyway. Brave. He's so nervous..." She looks away to try and hide her nerves too but he held her hand tighter.

"Y/n I want you to look me in the eye and tell me you understand." He says leaning closer to her face.

She took a subtle breath and nods. "Tell me."

"I've been seeing hallucinations..."

She stares in confusion yet some relief. Still tries to play it off. "Hallucinations? I mean we aren't dating yet so it don't care who your seeing but that's a weird name."

"Be serious about this."

"Okay, I'm sorry."

"It started yesterday, or was it the day before...? I was going out and I kept hearing voices and seeing people I knew but everytime I reached out to them they would disappear." Y/n's expression softens to worry. "Uhm... I don't know if it's a side affect from the possession but they might be connected. It sucks because we can't research it due to the lack of recorded experiences."

Y/n let's out a sigh and nods. "Is there anything else about these illusions?"

"Well, they seem to only come to me when I'm not in a serious situation. Mostly... Like yesterday before we went looking for you all I heard was your voice repeating words but once the situation got tense they went away. It's like they've got a mind of their own."

Y/n just smiles with reassurance and leans in close to him. "We'll figure it out in the morning." She says. "Let's get some sleep first, okay?" Her smile was more than reassuring, it was calming and soft. He felt immediate relief when she smiled and nearly melted. "You wanted my hand because you didn't know if I was real." Hunter nods. "I see..." She mumbles and stands up. "Let's go to bed."

His ears go red and he follows her. They were both equally tired so sleep is what they needed, but Hunter wouldn't be able to sleep at all tonight. Y/n would sleep soundly like everything was normal but would she make moves like this if her mind was clear and she was fully awake? Probably not.

Since he was anxious about being unsure about her presence she held onto him all night. Not as light as holding his hand or placing her hand under his head like a pillow, but full on embracing him. She spooned him and fell asleep immediately. Yes she was worried and wanted him to feel secure and get rest but did not take into account how much this would work him up. He was stiff and warm and his stomach was acting up. "This isn't what I had in mind." He mumbled.

"It works doesn't it. Just go to sleep." Y/n yawned before dozing off.

Easy for her to say, when she's tired be basically shuts down, as if she's drunk or high. Him, he couldn't blink, he felt every inch of her embrace. The pressure of her arm across his chest, the hand holding his shoulder, the other hand limp on the floor beneath his neck. Some upsides to this was even with illusions mocking him all night he'll feel safe, and she's close to him which is all he could ask for. Like a dream come true.

Yet it still becomes a nightmare.

2 hours later, after dealing with impersonations of Y/n's voice, different illusions playing out in front of him and slight dizziness and nausea from them he began to drift off. They were dying down, maybe they were getting bored so it gave room for his mind to wander uninterrupted.

The moon is in the window now.
The hallucinations got creative for awhile but then slowly went away. So weird... Haha, seeing hallucinations, wait. She said Yet!
"We aren't dating yet so I don't care who you're seeing"? What did she mean by yet?

Hunter turned his head to look at Y/n as she slept soundly.

She clearly meant we will start seeing each other eventually, but what if that was a joke? Cruel!

Hunter sighs and tries to relax. So much for drifting off. He'd rather focus on enjoying this rather than over thinking, difficult as that is.

~
~
~
~
~
~

Published: Dec 27, 2022

I think I forgot to hit publish on this chapter. The published date was already written for dec 11, I don't know what happened

Anyway, here's this

1-5, 2-7, 4-5, 4-2, 5-2, 5-1, 7-7, 6-6, 8-4, 8-20, 29-15, 9-1, 4-5, 11-5, 12-1, 12-2, 12-3, 12-3, 10-20, 1-5, 2-7, 4-5, 4-2, 5-2, 5-1, 7-7, 6-6, 8-4, 8-20,11-2, 10-13, 10-5, 20-6, 19-13, 12-6, 19-15, 19-14, 23-4, 16-10

I was bored so made a puzzle for someone to solve and here's the thing, first person to solve it I'll take a one-shot request from. I'll write anything that isn't smut really, bc I ain't about that but good luck.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote!♪