Chapter 6

Amara POV

So I continue talking to Pete while I shop for what I need and he tells me about his friends I am meeting. I of course know of them and that they're popular but I never really focused on their tiktoks or anything so I decided I would give them a try. He mentions that one of his friends called him so I let him go and drove home to work on my outfits. I connected my phone to my tv and started watching a bunch of tiktoks of different friends of his. So far I have learned that Danny seems to be the most popular if you are looking at numbers and that may be for his looks but he is actually very talented when it comes to singing, acting, and accents. William's content tends to be more wholesome and gives me more comfort character vibes. He also is a gamer which can be entertaining sometimes. Brandon comes off like a fuck boy who knows he's attractive and uses that to his advantage. The thirst traps and audios are definitely giving vibes of the guy that everyone loved and knew would ruin their life but girls still tried thinking they can change him but can't. The last one I need to watch is Arny but I have finished my outfits so I try them on to make sure they are perfect. I finish packing everything for the trip and finally get to relax. I watch a few tiktoks and then binge anime for the rest of the night. Arny seems to be the goofy one, childish and playful but not too much. He definitely has his fair share of thirst traps but not excessive. He seems nice, so I'm scrolling when I run across a shirtless TikTok with him putting some of his hair in a scrunchy when I notice he has tattoos. I try to figure out what all of them are when...no...is that...does he have...there's no way that Arny is my soulmate! I go to look at other videos where he is showing off his arms in a more clear quality video and all of them give off the same looking stitches as mine just in different places. I can't meet my soulmate in three days? Maybe they are just similar, I'm thinking too much about it so off to anime it is. I just want to have fun with Pete and his friends. I can't make things awkward and no matter what I will ignore it until I can better focus on it in a more appropriate setting. I'm not even hungry so I grab my favorite drinks and lay down to binge Demon Slayer and Tokyo Revengers before passing out.

Pete POV

So I am talking to Amara as she is shopping for her cosplay stuff. I ask her who she will be cosplaying as and one of the characters I was not 100% sure who they were so I asked for a picture and she sent me the general fits for each character. I tried to sneak and ask if she could send me pictures of the outfits when they are done but she didn't fall for it. She did tell me that she would be a gender-bend version of Shinso from My Hero Academia which will make it slightly easier to find her. There are not as many people that cosplay him compared to Deku or Bakugo. She mentioned that she is shorter than me so that might also be helpful. I'm pretty loud so I am sure she will find me. As I hang up from her I get a call from Arny.

"Hi Arny"

"Hey, what you been up to?"

"Just got off the phone with Amara, she's supposed to meet me at Katsucon"

"You seem excited, is she your soulmate?"

"She's amazing but no, she told me our birthmarks don't match. I'm just happy to finally meet an internet friend after so long. It is like when I first met you, Danny, Will, and Brandon"

"That was pretty fun and here were are meeting for yet again another con"

"This is her first one and she is coming by herself so I have to make this fun for her. I hope you all will like her. She comes off a bit shy with new people"

"Shy huh? Just my type"

"Don't tease her too much, she has to adjust to me in person and that alone may be overwhelming"

"I'll behave, so what does she look like"

"I have no idea, I have only ever heard her voice and I could not convince her to show me her in her cosplays after she finished making them"

"How do you know she isn't a murderer?"

"I have a good judgment of character, I'm 4 for 4 right now. After the con is over she is coming back to Florida for a few days so we can hang out before going back home"

"Well I hope everything goes well but if she is creepy I will protect you from her because we're married and that is my job"

"Thank you!!!"

Arny POV

So I get off the phone with Pete and I don't know what it is or why I am interested in this mystery person but I just feel like something is going to happen at Katsucon. I am not sure whether it is going to be good or bad. I have a stream to start soon so I order food, get changed, and get my area set up. I post a couple of tiktoks, bring my food to set up, and let the countdown begin before I welcome all my amazing supporters. I don't know what I did to deserve so many awesome people but I am forever thankful. Sometimes streaming is all that keeps me going when I am exhausted. Well, that and my friends of course but it just sucks being far from everyone I am close to. That's why I want and try to make the most of my time at these cons and on these trips. These videos and tiktoks are for everyone but mostly for me to have as memories. One day memories will be all we have so I might as well make as many as I can.