CHAPTER 20 - Everything's Fair In Love And War

"But enough about our family. What's the story with... everything here?" your mother asked curiously. After all, adults are just kids in disguise.

"All right, it's getting late," Pepa clapped. "Off to bed, everyone."

You looked at Camilo. "We'll read it on tomorrow, right?"

"Of course," he smiled, standing up before also pulling you up. Then he grinned as you two started to walk out of the living room along with everyone else. "I'll even restrain my humongous curiosity towards the events to happen so I could read it with you."

"Thank you, kind Señor," you laughed, mocking a fancy curtsy. He chuckled lightly at your antics before stopping and just staring at you a bit with a soft smile. You were about to ask if something was wrong when...

"Race you upstairs, Y/n!" Aiden yelled when you came out of the living room. He himself was already on the foot of the stairs.

"Hey!" you yelled, bolting after him while dodging the people you had to run past from. "No fair!"

"Everything's fair in love and war!" he said before he tumbled and fell on his knees right before reaching the top.

You jumped over him, with a victorious grin. You landed flawlessly at the top of the stairs and stared him down with the same grin.

"No fair! I fell!" he frowned, pushing himself up from the stairs.

"Everything's fair in love and war," you smirked. "Night, Denny." Then you turned to everyone else, giving them a kind smile. "Goodnight, everyone!"