CHAPTER 33 - Merged

Camilo stared at your smiling face, feeling something tug on his heartstrings. Then he realized. He was in love. And he couldn't be happier.

Dinner was even more fun than any previous one and constantly filled with chatter and laughter. But all things must come to an end so you and your family were setting yourself to be on your way.

You reached for your suitcase but it popped open and the candle jumped out. You frowned and took a step back with surprise. Then the ground seemed to be boiling and the suitcases and the candle started to... sink into the floor.

"Uhh," you spoke. "I think Casita is swallowing our things."

Clank. The candle was gone. Everyone looked around, alerted. "There it is!" Ethan shouted, pointing to where... both candles stood. Clink. Clank. Both suitcases were also gone now.

"What's going on?" you asked as both of the candles glowed brighter.

"They're merging," your grandfather muttered. It was true. When the glow faded enough to look at them again, they had turned from two candles into one which had the design of a butterfly sitting on a flower on it.

"Look!" Lily shouted, now pointing everyone's attention in another direction. Two doors were appearing on the first floor of Casita. One had your design on it and the other had your grandfather's. You stared across the room, baffled.

"Looks like the miracles think you belong here," Alma laughed lightly.

"Is it... really okay though?" you asked, confused.

"Of course. If the miracles think so then it must be right," Alma assured.

You looked to your family. "I'll still be going home tonight. What about you, Abuelo?"

"I think I'll stay. I always act after the miracle," he said.

"Alright," you nodded before opening the door outside. "Goodnight everybody!" Your family followed after you, also as tired as you were - after all, a lot had happened that day.